Search

Hello, I can't connect to my back-office, I hit the user-name and the password, the page refreshes wouthout saying me that the user-name or the password are wrong, and the login menu come back again, with the user-name and password empty. The user-name and password are recognized, but the connection fails. I do that 10 or 20 times, and , it succeeds! I don't know why neither how!! I empty the navigator history, but it is not the reason. Has anyone this sort of trouble? Thank-you for your help

Hello,

I could'nt find any thing, I have read all the discussion that might talk about this sort of trouble, I have not find any thing. From time to time, it works! I succeed to connect! But it is about once over 100 times ! Thank you for your help.

PS : one detail : I put chmod 777 -R onto my files, and the site (frontend) did not work at all. How do you explain that? When you are more permisive than necessary, it might be a problem?! I put back to 755 -R

HI CM63, are you using Symphony locally? i.e. http://localhost/your-project-name

Are you on Windows/Mac/Linux?

What is back-office? 'admin' area? i.e. 'http://yoursite.example/symphony/'

We need more information to be able to help you.

Hello Moonoo2,

Yes, I mean when I try to connect to the admin interface, I hit :

domain_name/directory_where_I_have_put_Symphony/symphony

I have installed Symphony on my web hosting, in a subdirectory that is called "Symphony", So I hit:

domain_name/Symphony/symphony

Or:

domain_name/Symphony/?mode=administration

In both cases, I get the connection box, I hit my admin user name and password, the connection box disepears, and appears again with the fields blank. I have no error message but the connection fails.

This mays occure 10,20 or 100 times, and the 101th it succeeds! Not very easy, is it?

The operating system on my web hosting is linux.

Once again : the admin connection appends to work, I have done a lot of things, create sections, etc, do the "hello world" and "hello to Symphony" tests, etc. So I don't think it is a matter of version of apache or PHP, etc.

I can't find any solution do you see any?

Thank you for your help.

You are saying that if you try it a lot of times, it works? Is your connection or server very slow?

Hello everybody, hello Pat,

I was in hollyday.

No, I have no problem about connection server performance, the answer is rapid, but wrong, it continues to give me the connection mask, with the fields user-name and password empty.

The system on my server is linux, and it is a shared hosting. Is there any php log where I could see any thing?

Thank you for your help.

manifest/logs show you nothing? loglevel debug is not possible @your webspace? It is no rewriting issue for sure? The allow override is set to the right values? your php version >= 5.3 ?

I've found no such infos in this thread.

cm63. Few things to check.. try 775 and 664 permissions on your files and folders.. some hosts work this way... Can you navigate front end pages on your site or just the index page? Have encountered issues when server isnt compiled 'with-json'. Was the site developed locally and now pushed to a server? Or is all this still being done locally under http://localhost?

Hello everybody,

Thank you for your answers, I am just having "aperitif" now, so I prefer not responding to you, for the moment :-) just wait a couple af hours.

Thank you, see you later!

Hello,

Here we are.

@moma : manifest/logs show you nothing? : Precisely, I don't know where I can see theses logs? On a linux web shared hosting? I could'n t find it

@moma : loglevel debug is not possible @your webspace? : I don't know . I have tried to modify an environment variable DebugMode to true, some thing like that, but it does not work.

@moma : rewritting issues? The rewriting feature is activated and works fine, I think

@Moma : allow override? I don't know, I am looking for that now, I can't remember how to see what is set up in the context. I suppose this feature can only be set in the context, not in the .htacess? I am looking for, I will tell you.

@Moma : php version ? My php version is 5.3, or better said, this version is activated by a directive in the .htacess : SetEnv PHP_VER 5_3 (only this syntax works at my hosting).

@moono2 : chmod? As I have said, I have tried chmod 777 -R , and nothing works, neither the front end nor the back end (I can't anderstand why). I put all back to chmod 755 -R . What do you recommend ? 775 on the directoies and 664 on the files ?

@moono2 : Can you navigate front end pages? Yes, all of them (3 :-) )

@moono2 : Have encountered issues when server isnt compiled 'with-json' : I have heard about json, but I know very little, how can I see what where the complied directives of the server?

@moono2 : Was the site developed locally and now pushed to a server? I unzipped the archive file on my computer, and put all the files on my hosting by using FTP. I put the files into a new directory that is called Symphony. So, to start the install process, I have hit domain_name/Symphony/install. It has worked wery well. and after, to connect to the back-end , I hit domain_name/Symphony/symphony. The first time, it worked. I do a lot of things, like the "Hello world " test and begin the "hello to symphony" test, etc. And When I disconnect, I could'nt suceed to connect again to the back-end. 10 times, 20 tiems, may be, and the 21th (may be) it worked again! And now, I can't connect again.

On this hosting, doing that way, I have succeed installing many of CMSs, like Joomla, Wordpress, Contao, Typo3, CMSMadeSimple, etc, all of them in php + MyAdmin.

Thank you for your help.

What is your hosting provider? I would hazzard a guess that this is down to the way the server is set up over Symphony itself.

First things first:

1. What is the Symphony version you are using?
  2. How are you setting the permissions on your host? SSH or FTP?
  3. What is your webhost?

your log are in PATHWHERESYMPHOY_IS/manifest/logs/ to increase the webserver loglevel use: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/mod/core.html#loglevel

The Symphony logs have nothing to do with the webserver logs, so that will not increase the Symphony logs level at all.

Hello,

Excuse-me, I mean "MySql" database (and not "MyAdmin) in the later post.

Hello designermonkey, I answer your question :

• 1 : my version of Symphony is 2.3.3 ,
  • 2 : I set the permissions by using FTP, I don't know what SSH is,
  • 3 : my webhost is OVH, he is not in the list of the "well known webhosts by Symphony".

Hello moma, I'll have a look at the logs of the CMS in the directory manifest/logs.

By the way: this morning, the connection succeeds the first time! But not afterwards :-( , as usual ...

Thank you for your help.

Hello,

I have had a look at the Symphony log. In the directory manifest/logs, there is a file that is create at each connection or attempt to connect. This file is named main, without extension.

I have observed that this file might contain a message saying that a file is missing. But I have seen other cases when this file contains only :

============================================
Log Created: 2013-09-08T16:19:49+02:00
Symphony Log
Opened:  2013-09-08T16:19:49+02:00
Version: 2.3.3
Domain:  domain_name/Symphony
--------------------------------------------

And in both cases, the connection did not succeed.

See you later

Hello,

I just have succeeded in connecting 5 consecutives times! I don't know how!!!

I have done a lot of loggings and logouts, and now, it seems to work !!!!???? What happened? I don't know!

But, this time, I have the message about the non existing file, in the main file in manifest/logs :

Log Created: 2013-09-08T16:33:57+02:00
Symphony Log
Opened:  2013-09-08T16:33:57+02:00
Version: 2.3.3
Domain:  Domain_name/Symphony
--------------------------------------------
09/08/2013 4:35 pm > UNKNOWN: SymphonyErrorPage 0 - The page you requested does not exist. on line 650 of Domain_name/www/Symphony/symphony/lib/core/class.symphony.php
09/08/2013 4:35 pm > UNKNOWN: SymphonyErrorPage 0 - The page you requested does not exist. on line 650 of Domain_name/www/Symphony/symphony/lib/core/class.symphony.php
09/08/2013 4:36 pm > UNKNOWN: SymphonyErrorPage 0 - The page you requested does not exist. on line 650 of Domain_name/www/Symphony/symphony/lib/core/class.symphony.php
09/08/2013 4:39 pm > UNKNOWN: SymphonyErrorPage 0 - The page you requested does not exist. on line 650 of Domain_name/www/Symphony/symphony/lib/core/class.symphony.php
09/08/2013 4:39 pm > UNKNOWN: SymphonyErrorPage 0 - The page you requested does not exist. on line 650 of Domain_name/www/Symphony/symphony/lib/core/class.symphony.php
09/08/2013 4:40 pm > UNKNOWN: SymphonyErrorPage 0 - The page you requested does not exist. on line 650 of Domain_name/www/Symphony/symphony/lib/core/class.symphony.php

AT the line 650 of class.symphony.php, the system tries to build an error message page.... And does the message say that he did'nt suceed to create the error message page ?

PS : one precision : this message appears when I log out. That means that I have succeeded to log in.

Now, the login process always succeed....

See you.

assing just one page to error 404 to avoid this. but now, in a mystic way, all thing went well?

Hello,

I have created a 404 page, but the message still apears in manifest/logs/main when I log out.

But I have found the circonstances when the logon succeed : I have to visit the home page of my hosting first : domain_name , without file name, and after that , the logon in Symphony succeeds , typing domain_name/Symphony/symphony and filling in my username and password.

Once the home page of my hosting (a static index.html file) has been visited once, the connexion to Symphony works.

I think I will work that way. But I had never seen that before with the others CMS.

Thank you for your help.

I think there is an issue with sessions in the PHP setup of your hosting provider. Maybe you could drop a test file in the root, with a call to phpinfo(); in it, and show us the results?

Hello,

This is the result of the Php_info.

This is the result when I put the file Phpinfo.php on my web hosting domainname , will it be different if I put it on domain_name/Symphony ?

I have attached the result of Phpinfo domainname/Symphony , and it is quite different (just now, the admin connection to Symphony happens to not work).

I see that the phpini file is not the same! I don't know why, and what difference there is... It becomes a little complex...

Oh excuse-me! First of all, in both cases, it is not the same version of PHP, I forgot that. For Symphony I put an php 5.3 directive in the .htacess, and for my main site it is php 4.4 . So, differences are not supprising. But it is not the reason of the dysfunction.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments:
phpinfo_symphony.html and phpinfo.html