Search

I'm having trouble creating a member registration form. I just want a default form, but when I fill it in and submit it, the page just reloads and the form is blank again. I get no PHP errors, and the ?debug parameter doesn't tell me anything... I don't think my form is getting hooked to my event (everything I know about events is from this page) but I don't know how to find out what is missing here. I have:

1. Installed Members Extension
  2. Installed Members Forms Extension
  3. Created an Event called Members: Register
  4. Included that Event on a Page called Members: Register
  5. Added <xsl:call-template name="members-form-register" /> to the template for the Page
  6. Tried to submit the form and gotten a page reload and no success or failure response

I read through the Members wiki and Members Forms readme and a few forum posts but I cannot find anything about how to connect the form to the event. I also thought it was odd that there was no existing registration event, though there was an activation, reset password, and recovery code event. Perhaps I should be using one of those somehow? Or something is missing?

Is there a more detailed tutorial on how to set this up than on the Members: New wiki? My login event/form combination works fine, so I'm very confused. I think I may have made the Registration Event wrong, but I never had a chance to configure anything really...

Thanks for reading.

Members tries to use Symphony's flexibility, and therefore some useful events will be native Symphony events, and some will be provided by the extension. As simple as that. A registration event will be a "native" Symphony event. (Native events are red in the big picture, see top right).

After some more messing around, I renamed my Members: Register event to Members: New. Now it works... I don't see anything written that this event needs to have a particular name?

Edit: I think I see the reason for this now...

You nailed it. :-)