Search

Hello, I've some trouble increasing the max size for the uploaded file...

looking in the phpinfo I see my host support 32M for postmaxsize and uploadmaxfilesize both In synphony config.php the maxuploadsize has the default 5M value.

If in the back end I try to upload file bigger than 5M but smaller than 6M I get the standard symphony error "File chosen in "media" exceeds the maximum allowed upload size of 5.00 MB, specified by Symphony." If I upload a file bigger than 6M I get the serve error: Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, xxx@xxx and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

If I increase the maxuploadsize in synphony config.php to any value bigger than 5M (10M for example) I'm able to upload file smaller than 6M and I always get the Internal Server Error if the file is bigger than 6M. I never get the symphony standard error if the file size is bigger than the maxuploadsize value stored in the config.php but only the internal server error.

It seems that somewhere there is a limit set to 6M max upload file size... but where??? I tried to set postmaxsize and uploadmaxfilesize in the .htacces but my host doesn't allow this parameter in the .htacces...

Any advice? Thanks Daniele

Sounds like a question for your host, who should be able to advise you on their setup.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.