Search

Hi There,

Is has been a while since i worked with a Symphony powered site, but i'm back on track ;)

I want to upgrade a existing site to 2.3.3 (from 2.06). Bit before i just try the upgrade feature, are there any issues i can expect here? I guess some older extensions might pose problems.

Thanks, Bob

I think there was a similar question very recently, There are some fields which have not been updated since, so you might have to do some manual migrations in the process. If not mistaken it was also suggested to do a step-by-step upgrade in between 2.0.6 to 2.1 and then to 2.3 but I'll let the others chip in.

And test with copies of the installation and database. :-)

Check these links:

Your biggest problems will be:

• Section Links which are not compatible with current Symphony versions and have been replaced by Select Box Links.
  • Data Sources not returning formatted output.
  • Extensions not updating properly.

Before upgrading, make sure you have up-to-date copies of your files and database. Update version by version, updating extensions step-by-step at the same time.

The most important thing to do is replacing Section Links with Select Box links when you are still on Symphony 2.0.

Thanks for the upgrade info, and sorry for the very late reply!

That sounds like a tad bit more work then anticipated, but i'll try a version by version update and see how that goes.