Search

I'm using 2.3.1,

The trouble is the name of the Select Box of Select Box Link is available as an included element in the Data Source's XML Output.

Here's what I have done.

I have a Section (Foo) with a Name (Text Input) and Value (Text Input).

In another section (FooBar), the one that will serve as my Data Source, I reference this Section as a Select Box, making a multiple selection of Name and Value for that Values.

However, the Value part of my Section (Foo) is never references, both in the mark up or as a element available for XML Output.

So, the question is, how can I get a related pair (name/value) to be included in my containing Section (FooBar) and also available in my XML output?

You can't. That's where data source chaining comes in to play.

You will need two datasources, one filtered by a result of the other

Datasource Chaining

Yes, I'd looked at that. That page is so brief! I wonder if there are any real examples out there....

Yep, please install the default workspace for Symphony (which is a blog-style website). Comments are linked to articles there.

If you installed Symphony via ZIP, the default workspace should be included. If you use Git, jump to the repo or do:

git clone git://github.com/symphonycms/workspace.git

I just installed 2.3.4, Which datasource shows and example of datasource chaining?

The Article and Comments data sources, respectively. Article outputs the data source parameter $ds-article.system-id (Output Paramenters > Use Fields > $ds-article.system-id) which is used by Comments as a filter (Filter Results > {$ds-article}).

article images too. and Yes, the datasource chaining article is straight to the point. there was a quiete good article on http://www.rocketfoo.com/2010/07/31/building-a-site-with-symphony-cms-part-/ but it's removed.

may collect article links somewhere here?

All good stuff and helpful, thank you.