Search

I have an installation of Symphony 2.3.4 in which I can't sort entries by clicking on the column heading. Clicking the column heading refreshes the page but the entries are not sorted.

I want to use the order entries extension (I have 1.10.1 installed) for a new section, but since I can't sort the section by the order entry field, I can't get the drag and drop working.

Funnily enough, in an older section which is already sorted by the order entry field, drag and drop works.

Can anyone suggest why the entry ordering might not be working?

does manually entering the params in the url work? Should look like ?sort={field-id}&order=desc where {field-id} is the id of the order entry field.

Sorry for necro-post, but I am having the same issue as stuart with an installation of 2.3.4 with regard to ordering entries.

@touchstone, If I try to enter the params in the URL, the URL appears to be re-written and the changes are not made on the admin panel. Nothing is logged.

Anything in the console? I don't know if javascript gets involved in this process but worth a check if there's no better suggestion…

If not then Symphony logs?

I think order entries is flakey now for a while. Everything seems to work except sorting which can be achieved by entering the number directly in the field.

Not sure what versions of Sym are affected but the latest ones are for sure.

@munki

I think order entries is flakey now for a while. Everything seems to work except sorting which can be achieved by entering the number directly in the field. Not sure what versions of Sym are affected but the latest ones are for sure.

I've used the extension without fault in 2.4 (extensively) and 2.5 recently.

You have to first sort the table by the Order Entries field before you can drag-and-drop order it, but that's always been the case as far as I'm aware.