Search

A new extension, "Extension Downloader" is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Hey everybody! I am glad to introduce our new extension downloader!!!

I would really appreciate if you guys could help in the development. Right now, it's working but I feel like the UI could be polished.

I hope you like it. This was originally build for 2.4 but I managed to make it compatible for 2.3 as well.

Feel free to fork and do PRs!

Got it up and running on local machine and works great! Nice one.

Feature request. What about a returned list of extensions from symphonyextensions.com based on auto complete search results. Maybe needs a local cache of results to avoid hitting the site too many times with requests though..

It would also be nice to return the query result and confirm the download before the request to grab the zip file is made maybe? As you may not want the to commit to downloading yet, thoughts?

I'll raise these on github for discussion maybe.

Feature request. What about a returned list of extensions from symphonyextensions.com based on auto complete search results. Maybe needs a local cache of results to avoid hitting the site too many times with requests though..

It's there already !

It would also be nice to return the query result and confirm the download before the request to grab the zip file is made maybe? As you may not want the to commit to downloading yet, thoughts?

Also done this !

OMG, where have I been :) I'll pull updates down then :p

EDIT

Stirling work Nicolas! I was just copy and pasting from symphonyextensions.com..typing in the field and booom! glorious results were revealed to me!

:)

I'm glad you like it!

And @nickdunn point out to be some code he made that could fit well with this extension https://github.com/nickdunn/extension_status

Does it handle updating extensions as well? If so, how?

Does it handle updating extensions as well

Well, yes it does!

If so, how?

If you download an extension that's already present, it will ask you if you want to overwrite it. If you click ok, than it will delete the extension folder and download the newest version, from the master branch.

After that, you follow the normal way of updating.

Right now, it checks if the lastest version of the extension is compatible with your symphony install when you do a seach. A (n/a) indication next to the status of the extension will show up if not available.

Does it answer your question ?

And the crowd goes wild.

Does it answer your question ?

Yep, sounds awesome. Will definitely check this out.

wow - always wished something like this existed for the backend!
Will come in very handy for my upcoming projects.

Thanks a lot for your latest releases - Great work!
Ajax Checkbox is an awesome addition too.

oh wow yeah this looks useful for someone as forgetful as me. Just installed it right now.

Regarding UI.. I've not seen an incompatible extension yet but instead of n/a a good indicator would be to have the link greyed out and maybe not clickable. Sorry if this is already the case!

I know it's beyond the scope of the primary function but it would also be great if updates could be handled via the "With Selected" box on the extensions page. Having come from a git-based setup it would be cool if you could update in bulk.

Even still, this is great.

:) Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

I will definitely consider your ideas for the next improvement.

Trying this on a fresh 2.4 install...

For some reason, when I try and download an extension, I just get a HTTP Error popup. Every time :(

@Etch should now work with both 2.4 and 2.5 (beta2)