I understand. But in my case this would be a bit roundabout to set up:

• Titel (Beschreibung/Datei)
  • Enthält (Beschreibung/Datei)
  • Vorschaubild (Beschreibung/Datei)
  • Veröffentlicht (Beschreibung/Datei)
  • Provenienz (Beschreibung/Datei)
  • Sammlung (Beschreibung/Datei)
  • Signatur (Beschreibung/Datei)
  • Vormalige Signatur (Beschreibung/Datei)
  • Interner Vermerk (Beschreibung/Datei)
  • Autor dieses Eintrages (Beschreibung/Datei)
  • Datensatz erstellt am (Beschreibung/Datei)
  • Indizierung (Beschreibung/Datei)
  • Aufnahmedatum Präfix (Datum/Fotograf)
  • Aufnahmejahr (Datum/Fotograf)
  • Aufnahmemonat (Datum/Fotograf)
  • Aufnahmetag (Datum/Fotograf)
  • Fotograf Präfix (Datum/Fotograf)
  • Fotograf (Datum/Fotograf)
  • Standort des Fotografen anzeigen (Ort/Stichworte)
  • Standort des Fotografen (Ort/Stichworte)
  • Straßen (Ort/Stichworte)
  • Orte (Ort/Stichworte)
  • Themen (Ort/Stichworte)
  • Personen (Ort/Stichworte)
  • Zeitsprung Nummer (Ort/Stichworte)
  • Überlieferungsform (Medium)
  • Medium (Medium)
  • Format (Medium)
  • Farbe (Medium)
  • Suchindex (Medium)

That's a matter of taste :) I personally like the idea to not have to use an extra field for this purely interface related stuff.

Hmm. More a matter of type-lazyness.

I checked a few extensions that I currently need for my projects and most of them seem to work fine in the current 2.5beta. This includes the following (just roughly tested though):

Those are the extensions that seem buggy and that I'd liked to see fixed:

And on a special wishlist I'd love to see "Entry Nav" become more powerful & flexible:

Thanks a lot to everyone involved!

What's wrong with Documenter?

What's wrong with Documenter?

Some functions are deprecated (I just sent a quick PR) and it seems to have some smaller styling issues (empty scrollbars on the right and bottom / FF31).

I like a lot of @kanduvisla's extensions, unfortunately they are not actively supported anymore.
I used to use the CKeditor extension, which in my opinion was the beste WYSIWYG text editor extension. (My clients don't get markdown and i don't expect them to...) Now i think the only compatible WYSIWYG editor is redactor, which is pretty buggy and messy.

Besides that i would like to see the importcsv updated, i think it's a pretty powerful extension which is essential for some projects with big data.

@Cremol, I do have an outstanding Pull Request on Import CSV that may/may not work for Symphony 2.4 :)

Routing

Already updated and working with 2.4, but I changed quite a lot, needs proper documentation for a public release... :/

1.) Publish Tabs fixed! ✔︎

Ok I've done a little less than what I hoped today, but the following extensions have some updates:

• Publish Tabs
  • Textbox Field
  • Search Index
  • URL Router
  • System ID Field
  • Global Resource Loader
  • Search Index
  • Members
  • Union Datasource (integration branch)
  • Dynamic Text Group (there is an open pull request that should be ok)
  • Import CSV (there is an open pull request that should be ok)

There were a couple of additional commits made to the Symphony repo as well, expect a 2.5 RC in the coming days. All of the above extensions were tested on Symphony 2.5 beta, and when appropriate flicking back to a 2.4 install.

As Roman mentioned, there are a number of extensions that should work with Symphony 2.4 even if the Compatibility Matrix doesn't say so. When the Symphony Extensions site was built, it made the assumption that all major releases (2.2, 2.3, 2.4) would break compatibility. To err on the side of caution, it was decided unless an extension said it was compatible, we'd only assume support for all minor versions of the min release (eg. 2.3 => 2.3.6, not 2.4 => 2.6).

I hope this helps some people!

Wow, awesome work Brendan. I'll take over from here, and try to fix as many things you didn't get around to fixing as possible.

EDIT:

• Configuration's integration branch is 2.4 compatible, pull request sent for the xml file
  • Number Field is 2.4 compatible, pull request for xml sent
  • Image index preview fixed for 2.4 - pull request sent
  • Don't drop is 2.4 compatible, xml pull request sent

Awesome - Thanks a lot Brendan!

Two Updates to my post above:

1. Integration Branch of Configuration Settings seems to work fine.
  2. Multilingual Text Box isn't working as good as it first seemed to... I'm currently doing some more testing and will post the bugs on the issue tracker.

@Roman, ah, you beat me to it ;)

I've documented the main problem with the multilingual field in S2.5 here:

Would be awesome if someone could fix this as this weird behavior is quite a showstopper for multilingual projects right now.

And thanks to everyone pushing 2.5-compatibility forward - can't wait to use it in production :)

@Roman, I'm currently working on the cacheable datasource. Will see if there is time left to look at your complaints :)

I have only one big extension-wish left. That would be the suggestions-DS of search_index. Is it possible there is just some basic incompatibility that can easily be fixed at first sight by someone?

Unfortunately there is no traceback. Just a very generic error message. See here at github.