Search

So... Current project I'm building requires multilingual capabilities. I kind of like "Multilingual" from jens, more than I like idea of multilingual text box, but it's not fully compatible with 2.4.

Can I expect some big issues if I decide to add multilingual later when it's ready for 2.4 and now just focus on enabling general functionality of the site?

With multilingual remember to name your handles the right way with the language code '-en'. Later on you can change your xsl with the condition [@lang = $language]

For the multilingual text box approach you have to use the text box field for textareas and input fields.

Can I expect some big issues if I decide to add multilingual later when it's ready for 2.4 and now just focus on enabling general functionality of the site?

That's one of the extensions strength. It's (more or less) a drop in solution and doesn't change the database. You can add or remove it later without losing data from existing fields.

remember to name your handles the right way with the language code '-en'. Later on you can change your xsl with the condition [@lang = $language]

That's good advice even if you're starting without the extension and want to add it later. Makes adding the extension later as simple as adding additional fields to your datasources and tweaking your templates a little bit.

Updated version ready for testing.