Search

Hello,

I just tried the Symphony CMS, and really like it after having checked the tutorials. Nevertheless, I cannot select Dynamic XML as source when creating a Data Source (only the Static XML). Was this source removed from 2.5.1 and up? Did anyone experience the same? Since its a pretty nice and needed feature, im stuck. I found a file symphony/lib/toolkit/class.datasource.dynamic_xml.php in the installation, but still cant select it.

Searching here and with google didnt yield any similar experiences.

Kind regards

It was removed in favour of the Remote Datasource extension. This extension is more robust and is recommended over the old Dynamic XML datasource.

The file still exists in the installation as we're preserving backwards compatibility for a little while to ensure developers can update their installations and still have this datasource type work. It's features are frozen though and the official stance is that it's deprecated.

edit:, thanks for highlighting this, I honestly thought it was included in our migration guides but on review I can't find any mention of the deprecation. Looks like I have some documentation to update!

Hi brendo,

thanks a lot for the quick answer! Awesome, already thought about using an alternative extension but since it was mentioned in the tutorial, I thought my installation was buggy. Nice, so I can continue playing with it. Will enjoy it!

Cheers!