Search

I would like to create a send button for a multilingual contact form with the tag's value written in two languages. I have searched for some instructions into other discussions but I can't find... Is it also possible to create a multilingual message of one event (email sent message for example)? If so what kind of words can I search into the search bar to get some instructions?

Have you taken a look at the multilingual extension? It's probably a good starting point!

This question touches the very basics and workflow on which Symphony is based on, including the use of XSLT language when working with XML. So by playing around with all the basic concepts you get a steady ground to build anything you need. This might be a bit steep learning curve in the beginning and can take some time.

As to this you ask, I store my text values for such outputs either in common section's entries, or in a static datasource. And I use xsl:keys to apply these in my transformations. You will probably filter your data to get some specific language values. For this, the needed parameter can supply you also the extension johnpuddephatt mentioned. It depends on your concept. Making multilingual sites is a bit more demanding, but still based on the basic concepts.

If you are stuck on anything concrete then, please feel free to ask.

the easiest way to achieve this

1. create a section translations with fields: text, language (both input)
  2. then create a data source translations of translations source and add $url-language as a filter for language field
  3. create a page, and add the above datasource to it.
  4. edit the content page and add the following piece of code, right after autogenerated h1 tag:

<h1>...</h1> <xsl:value-of select="//translations/entry/text" />

then access your page with parameter: example.com/my-page?language=de

this way, language becomes a GET filter parameter for datasource. get params must pe preceded by $url- this is the basic concept of filtering. i hope you'll get the point. :)