Search

Hello,

This is to request you that I am uploading files to another server. EXAMPLE: my url is http://mytestingsite.com/my_folder_name/website_name. But I am unable to find my folder name while opening to another page. Kindly request you to solve my issue.

Thanks

To have an install inside a folder, you need to adjust the base url in your htaccess file.

RewriteBase / make this into

RewriteBase /foldername

Thanks @jeffleeder, but if i am making any button for read moe and all that in my home page then it is not taking my folder name

Hello friends, Is here any one who can teach me symphony? Please help me

Maybe learn symphony or tutorial are good starting points.

Use in your template for links the variable {$root} and your base url will go automatically.

But first go read the two links above to get more familiair with Symphony

Hii plenaforma,

Thanks for your support. Will you please explain it that how can i use {$root} in my template

You would use {$root} to build URLs like so:

<a href="{$root}/mypage/">My page name</a>

Check the tutorials, especially the second tutorial. There you will learn to make a link from an overview to a single entry.

From that tutorial:

<h3><a href="{$root}/greetings/{greeting-title/@handle}"><xsl:value-of select="greeting-title"/></a></h3>

The root value is part of parameter-pool

Thanks to all of you

I was hesitant to mention this, however the current convention is to reference system parameters using xpath, so rather than using $root you'd use /data/params/root. However for the sake of learning I wouldn't worry about that just yet! Something to keep in mind moving forward though (especially as you may see this in newer examples).

In case you're not aware you can view all system parameters by appending ?debug to the end of any Symphony URL when logged in (assuming you have the Debug Devkit extension installed, which I'd recommend).

the current convention is to reference system parameters using xpath

Uh? Is there any place to read about this?

There have been discussions on GitHub about this, e.g. Page template uses bad practice regarding parameters. @allen had a very good explanation why this is much better.