Search

The Symphony team is happy to announce the immediate availability of the Symphony 2.6.0 Beta 2 as an early Christmas present. You can get your hands on the beta here. A release candidate is due in the early new year as we aim for a final release in late January.

This release features:

• Huge improvements to the Publish Filtering interface
  • Autoloading support
  • Additional of a new cache interface with namespace support
  • Various improvements and fixes as we move towards a more modern day framework

If you encounter any issues, please log them to our issue tracker

With the announcement of this release, there is also some sad news to share. Nils will be taking his leave from the core development team as he moves to further his studio's work. Over the years, Nils has worked tirelessly to improve and refine the interface that we all use daily. I'm personally very grateful and proud of the contributions from Nils (and Johnna) and I wish them all the best in future endeavours!

Brendo, Nils & all the contributors, thanks for making this release possible.

Nils whilst it's sad news that you will be taking a step back, I would like to thank you for all the hard work you've put in, and hope to still see you around in some capacity.

Various improvements and fixes as we move towards a more modern day framework

:)

Nils will be taking his leave from the core development team

:(

I'm personally very grateful and proud of the contributions from Nils (and Johnna) and I wish them all the best in future endeavours!

The clean and elegant UI is one of the main reasons I'm still sticking with Symphony.

Happy & sad news indeed. In both cases, thanks for everything!

+1

+1

The Symphony team is happy to announce the immediate availability of the Symphony 2.6.0 Beta 2 as an early Christmas present

Great thanks from the community back to the team. Happy Holidays!

A bitter sweet Symphony® indeed. Symphony's progression this year has been impressive and 2.6 raises the bar again — once again, thanks to all involved. It's a shame that it's tainted by the departure of another long standing community member and one which has had a large hand in the interface that we know and love. Thanks for all the hard work Nils & Johanna and good luck with the studio work.

The clean and elegant UI is one of the main reasons I'm still sticking with Symphony.

Me too. Hope we can keep it that way.

May the Force be with you Nils, thank you for all great work! Seriously, Symphony interface is pretty neat!

And welcome 2.6.0! Thanks to all involved!

Good luck to Nils & Johanna, hope we will continue to hear from them. Is there already a release date for 2.6.0?

Oh no! Best of luck with business Nils and Johanna - we've been working quite heavily on a charity (pro-bono) project so I appreciate your need to refocus your efforts a little - gotta pay the bills! Hopefully we'll see you back soon, as your contributions have been fantastic/critical/extremely welcome!

I'm assuming you'll still be supporting some of your extensions, or will they be handed over to someone else?

Looking forward to giving 2.6 a try, looks like it might not be until the final release though for me.

I hope you'll all enjoy Symphony 2.6. Besides the changes mentioned above, there's a new calendar widget for date fields and publish filtering as well.

I'm assuming you'll still be supporting some of your extensions, or will they be handed over to someone else?

Yes, of course. We are using Symphony for most of our projects and therefore our extensions will still be supported. But we are working on a webapp that will be based on a different system – so yes, we have to set a new focus.

By the way, the Symphony interface is still heavily based on what Allen, Alistair and Scott created for Symphony 2.0. So we cannot take full credit for it. But it's nice to know that you like to use it!

there's a new calendar widget for date fields

I haven't been very active on Github recently but I have seen a few shots of it floating about in some discussions, it's looking really nice, glad to hear it's coming soon!

Is there already a release date for 2.6.0?

I'm moving towards a Release Candidate in the next week, which should see a final release before February.

Besides the changes mentioned above, there's a new calendar widget for date fields and publish filtering as well.

Doh, can't believe I forgot that!

Huge thanks to everyone involved.

I've been playing around with this a fair bit, using it as a sandpit. Aside from a minor bug I encountered (now fixed), everything appears rock solid.

The inclusion of a calendar option on the core date field is a very welcome UI boost in my eyes, so thanks Nils!

Using the beta while I develop a simple wedding site for my friend. It's lovely. ^_^ No serious issues found yet.

Just an update that a 2.6.0 RC will be issued after the 2.5.3 release. It is hoped that this build will be released as final in the first week of March. I'm very glad to hear that it's been a stable, enjoyable experience to date for those early adopters and I'm looking forward to getting this release into the entire communities hands as soon as possible.

It brings me great pleasure to announce the 2.6.0 Release Candidate 1 is now available for testing and final evaluation before it's release. This is a mammoth release which has a number of fixes for odd and longstanding bugs and I'm really eager for everyone to get their hands on it ASAP!

Get it

Barring any major issues, this package will be released as Symphony 2.6.0 on March 9th. Enjoy!

@brendo thanks for the RC.