Search

Hi, I just finished my company's website. I built locally through XAMPP and everything's working fine. Then I move the site to a web server and, after some minor fix, everything's working fine except for backend area. I navigate to mysite.xx/symphony and insert correct auth credentials but I receive a "The connection was interrupted" page; Firebug show me an "aborted" POST request; Chrome show me an ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE page.

I can't understand where can be the problem. All other pages works fine.

I also noticed that if I add ?debug to URL nothing happens

Thanks

Try: - verify server specification and Symphony requeriments. - disable all extensions in sym_extensions table. Change the value of the status field to disabled.

Try to modify PHP version

It sounds like it could be a permissions issue on installation. Usually a "connection was interrupted" message occurs when something was not writable on the server. Check the file permissions and if they aren't what they should be and you're unable to edit them accordingly then you'll need to get in contact with your host to see if they can be modified.

Thanks for your help, I tried everything but nothing works

We had the same problem with php5.5, changing to php5.4 solved the problem.

In the server logs:

[Wed Dec 31 14:32:08 2014] [warn] [client 213.118.132.143] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server [Wed Dec 31 14:32:08 2014] [error] [client 213.118.132.143] Premature end of script headers: index.php

I just found the error!

In func.utilities.php - redirect method; function try to call idn_to_ascii if it exist. idn_to_ascii is present since PHP ver 5.3.0 (my server has 5.3.3) so my server executes that function but generate some error (maybe a bug?).

I removed those lines and now everything seems to work.

Must be a bug, same problem with all our website, we need to set version php 5.4 on our server, Symphony backend doesn't work with php5.5

Is that because of the same error with idn_to_ascii wdebusschere? The dependencies on that function read as (PHP 5 >= 5.3.0, PECL intl >= 1.0.2, PECL idn >= 0.1).

Brendo, On our shared hosting, we need to set PHP version to 5.3 to be able to access the backend.. 5.4 and 5.5 give this in the logs:

Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server [Wed Dec 31 14:32:08 2014] [error] [client 213.118.132.143] Premature end of script headers: index.php

On the localhost we use PHP 5.6.2, works perfect.

Can't test it now, because sites are live, but will do asap.