Search

After a customer has changed a massive ammount of entries from the backend list view the symphony installation is only showing a white page (server error) for the frontend and backend.

The Log now has plenty of lines showing:

============================================
…

The last useful entries in the log are missing images from JIT and:

1. February 2015 20:49 > Fatal Error: GenericExceptionHandler 1: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 128

I guess Symphony wasn’t able to process all the entry changes at once. But why has it killed itself totally afterwards?

Any ideas what to check for? :(

bytes) on line 518 of file /data/www/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.mysql.php

Apache error.log is full of:

[Fri Feb 20 13:26:29.944588 2015] [:error] [pid 16299] [client …:61193] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'DateTime::__construct(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.' in /data/www/symphony/lib/core/class.datetimeobj.php:265nStack trace:n#0 /data/www/symphony/lib/core/class.datetimeobj.php(265): DateTime->__construct()n#1 /data/www/symphony/lib/core/class.datetimeobj.php(222): DateTimeObj::parse('now')n#2 /data/www/symphony/lib/core/class.datetimeobj.php(199): DateTimeObj::format('now', 'c', false, NULL)n#3 /data/www/symphony/lib/core/class.log.php(342): DateTimeObj::get('c')n#4 /data/www/symphony/lib/core/class.log.php(304): Log->close()n#5 /data/www/symphony/lib/core/class.symphony.php(231): Log->open(10, '0644')n#6 /data/www/symp in /data/www/symphony/lib/core/class.datetimeobj.php on line 265

This may have been at the time it crashed:

[Thu Feb 19 20:49:27.173259 2015] [:error] [pid 25842] [client …:54011] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 128 bytes) in /data/www/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.mysql.php on line 518, referer: http://…/symphony/publish/fotos/

Update: apparently this is a server problem caused by some memory limit. A local copy of the site works just fine. Strange.

Do they have Order Entries installed? I always found Order Entries setting itself to 99999 entries per page effected the memory limit and caused the frontend ad backend to bomb out without my knowledge.

@andrew thanks. It is in fact installed, but was not involved in the section that apparently crashed the site. Is there a separate Order Entries per page Setting? Where is it?

I suspect a reflection field caused quite a bit of memory use.

If the front end page has the DS attached that contains the Order Entries field. It would bomb out anyways. Most likely unrelated.

It is in the config.php with the name 'pagination_maximum_rows' => 'xx'

@andrew cheers, it’s probably really unrelated but good to know.

@rudy Thanks, I thought there might have been an extra-seeting only used by the order_entries extension.

@animaux, not really, what the extension should be doing if not mistaken is setting the value to 99999 and back to it's original value after it loads the required entries, at least in it's latest iterations.

@Jonathan oh I see. o_0