Search

Hello,
I built a couple of websites using Processwire, and I like the way you can create pages and subpages (parent and child) to don't know what extent.
You can pretty easily change the site hierarchy, move pages from one tree to another, and so on.
I believe Symphony can do that also, but I can't figure out could I implement that.
Essentially I need to provide the client with maximum freedom of creating what he calls Pages.

Thanks for any suggestion...

@Manaus when you mean pages I think you're referring to more or less 'static' content pages. Where the client would just need to create the content but the templates are all the same. If so would something like the following suit your needs?

Section Hierarchy for Symphony

If yes have a look at Section Hierarchy, I think I didn't finish the UI to create the drag and drop but if you need it I can help you out / finish the UI. I've had a blog post which explained how to set it up, but since I've added some config stuff to allow it to work with multiple sections.

Brilliant @gunglien! Thanks very much!

@gunglien - do you have the Section Hierarchy extension working with Symphony 2.5.3? I can't get it to work. I can't activate the extension, unless I add this to config...

###### SECTION_HIERARCHY ######
    'section_hierarchy' => array(
        'pages' => array(
                'title' => '74',
                'parent' => '77'
            )
    ),
    ########

But then when I do this...

It doesn't allow me to order entries in my section. I get the following error...

Symphony Fatal Error: Method Configuration::__toString() must not throw an exception
An error occurred in /sites/demo/symphony/lib/core/class.configuration.php around line 0

Ah sorry let me give you the correct snippet.

'pages' => '{
                'title':'74',
                'parent':'77',  
            }',

Just to explain a bit as clearly I didn't add the correct snippet within the extension about. The UI is something I didn't have time to finish, in terms of:

1. Choosing the sections where you want to apply this
  2. The fields which are equivalent to the title of the page (for indentation)
  3. The field which is equivalent to the parent field.
  4. Filtering (at filtering all the indentation goes as is, there's a filter attribute you could use but it's not fool proof.

Basically you can replace pages in the above snippet with your section name, and 74 and 77 with your field Id's for a title/name and parent field respectively whatever they are named.

The error comes because it can't write in array format, so it has to use a json encode/decode instead. I had updated the file locally but did not release. Also updated the repo with a small readme which should help + a fix for the above issue you encountered.

OK. That seemed to fix up the errors, but how can I get this result?

If you've configured your section properly in the config, it should just be a question of going in each entry and setting the correct parent. Also make sure that the Title field is ideally the first in the table view, and the parent field is also visible in the table mode. As the JS uses it to extract the relation ids.

If you're still stuck, maybe you can ping me on twitter @jonmifsud or skype, with the same user I have in the forum. Might be easier to explain the setup.