Search

Hi,

When using the retrieve password link for primary user, I get the email with a link that looks like this:

http://domain.tld/symphony/login/{token}

to log in from token.

This seems normal. But, when I click the link, I am redirected to the login form instead of my default area. This seems to indicate that there is no automatic login, thus I cannot change my password in the author area.

Is this a bug or a setup problem?

I remember issues with this procedure, but they should be fixed. Can you tell us which Symphony version it is?

It is 2.6.1. I have an other site with 2.6.2 but I am not able to have the email sent (connection issue to the smtp server)

I fixed my issue on 2.6.2 with SMTP server connection. It seems that the mechanism for retrieve password is OK. Only the site with 2.6.1 meets this issue.

After upgrading the 2.6.1 to 2.6.2 I still meet the issue. Doesn't seem to be related to version.

With 2.6.x it should work.

At this point, things may get a bit complicated. I remember that the length of the token has been changed in the past (but don't ask me when exactly), and at the same time the length of the database column which stores the token has been changed by the Symphony updater. On one of my sites I had some issues with this change — either it was the updater not running correctly, or it was me who forgot to run the updater. I don't remember.

1. Can you tell us how long the token in the email actually is?
  2. Can you check the length of the token column in the sym_forgotpass database table?

(Both values should be 16. And in the database you should see the same token that is in your email.)

Hi Michael, Thank you for helping me. In fact both — column and email token — are 16 chars in both sites.

What I could see is that, on the one hand, in the working site, a record is correctly added to the sym_forgotpass table after the email has been sent.

On the other hand, in the second site, despite the sending of the email the sym_forgotpass table remains empty.

Puuuh. I am running out of ideas here.

Anybody else? Can you imagine a reason why the token is not written to the database?