Search

My use case:

I'm creating a Shopify store, and integrating it with Symphony. Obviously, Symphony will take care of the content and Shopify will take care of products. But instead of querying Shopify API every time a product page is accessed, I was wanting to add/edit products in Symphony whenever one is added/edited in Shopify using their Webhooks API. So Symphony had a mirror copy of the core information.

The best way to do this, I think, is to create an admin only page with a custom event attached to it that takes the POST data response and updates Symphony.

Where I'm stuck:

How to I remotely access a Symphony URL via the URL? that is example.com/admin-page/. As far as I can see, the Remote Login feature only works for accessing Symphony, and if I had to redirect to Symphony and then to the Admin page, the POST data would get lost.

Thoughts on the best way to accomplish this?

Bloody typical.

Can't find the answer after digging through the code base, so I post a question. 5mins later, I find what I need!

The answer being, using the url parameter ?auth-token, along with the token provided in the author screen, allows direct access to a frontend page without any redirection.

Can't find the answer after digging through the code base, so I post a question. 5mins later, I find what I need!

Sounds familiar :D