Search

Your patch will not work if a link starts in the middle of a word (which should be possible, of course). It turns out that the handling of whitespace is generally rather critical when to try to parse HTML.

This is why I have completely re-wrtten Bauhouse's utility. I will try and post it here soon. If you can wait some days, you will find an XSLT utility here which even works with nested blockquotes, nested lists and more! I simply have not found the time to clean it up, but I will try to do this soon.

@michael-e: Nice one, look forward to it.

It's more than 500 lines of code, but it works like hell!

:-)

I will hurry up.

@Makenosound: I published HTML to Markdown reloaded. I hope you like it.

Hi, I do not know if here is right place to question about setting up preview of formatted markdown in symphony backend. I simply uninstalled wmd editor for change to markdown editor and there is no preview pane more. And another question is why is in markdown output tag for html "paragraph(p)" everywhere ???? I do not need it around img tags and others... Thanks for help

Wyrm, by default textareas don’t offer a preview of formatted text. The preview pane you were seeing must have been unique to WMD Editor.

I have an extension called Preview Textarea that will add a “Preview” link for each textarea. If you’re still using Symphony 2.2.5, make sure you download v1.0.3; the latest version is for Symphony 2.3.

And another question is why is in markdown output tag for html "paragraph(p)" everywhere ???? I do not need it around img tags and others...

Markdown shouldn’t be putting paragraph tags around block-level HTML. However, an img tag is not considered block-level.

If you’re still having problems with this, please pastebin an example of the text before and after the formatter runs.