Search

So, I just got my hands on a nice new debian server to replace my old fedora one, mainly so that getting hold of php5 to run symphony would be nice and easy. Sure enough, I managed to use apt-get to install php5 and all the usual modules, and got the phpinfo script running great.

I made my mysql database, and proceeded to upload the ensemble of the site i have been working on locally to the server. I went to the install page, and filled out all the info, hit the button and...

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /var/www/vhosts/influxx.co.uk/httpdocs/symphony/lib/toolkit/include.install.php on line 1432

Now, I never got this on my local box, so I am assuming it must be something to do with the configuration on the server? I have read some stuff about strings and arrays on the web that I dont really understand, but I thought I would ask the question here to see if anyone has a clue why I'm getting this error.

I'll try and post a link to the phpinfo once the domain propagates if anyone wants to see it.

Cheers

David

The line in question is:

$Database->appendChild(Widget::label('Database', Widget::input('fields[database][name]', $fields['database']['name'])));

I haven't really delved into the S2 installer yet, but it looks as if the system is trying to reference the installer form values for the database information section and it isn't present. So, rather than the POST values coming back as a multi-dimensional array, it's returning a NULL or blank value, which in this instance PHP would interpret as a blank string.

Somehow your data is being lost or malformed between clicking the 'install' button and actually processing the install request.

I'm at work, so I can't really try to reproduce this, but this should point others in the right direction.