Search

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected TSTRING, expecting TOLDFUNCTION or TFUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /mnt/gs02/herd03/29224/domains/blues.nicktoye.co.uk/html/install.php on line 749

Any idea what this means? I had recently installed 1.7 and then removed it, deleted the database and installed 2.0 in its place.

That means you are on PHP 4. Symphony 2 requires PHP 5. Many servers allow you to switch PHP versions. Consult your host to see how to enable PHP 5 for your account.

ah right, no worries.

Now getting this:

Symphony is ready to update from version 1.7.01 to version 2.0

and then 2 input boxes.

<body>
        <h1>Update Symphony <em>Version 2.0</em></h1>
        <form action="install.php" method="post">
            <h2>Update Symphony</h2>
            <p>Symphony is ready to update from version 1.7.01 to version 2.0</p>
            <div class="submit">
                <input name="submit" value="Update Symphony" />
                <input name="action[update1701]" value="true" />
            </div>
        </form>
    </body>

hmm, well, there is some logic in the install for future updates, but I didn't have time to tweak it. The installer just looks for an existing manifest/config.php file and assumes it can update, however this is incorrect and I should have disabled the code.

You have an existing 1.7 installation by the look of it. You will need to delete existing the .htaccess & /manifest folder.

Symphony 1.7 CANNOT be upgraded to version 2

Sorry for any confusion.

ok

Actually I don't have a manifest folder in that area. I am actually using a sub-domain of my own site that uses 1.7.

oh I see. Well, in that case it sounds like the installer is getting the wrong path and thinking there is an existing config.php file.

Do you think I could take a look for you? team[at]symphony21[dot]com

Ok, found the manifest folder, deleted it. Deleted the .htaccess - but then it reverted the php back to 4 again.

So I move it back to 5, try and run the install.php again and it says that I have a .htaccess already there, and when I delete it, my php reverts back to 4.

http://bugs.21degrees.com.au/comments.php?DiscussionID=21

This may help. Its a known problem, and I hope to get a fix for it soon. In the meantime, hopefully the mentioned workaround will do the trick.

What worked for me was Alistair's suggestion to put the .htaccess file with the PHP5 AddHandler in the directory's parent folder.

Just not destined to get this to work,

New error. Got through the install section, but on submission got this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting '(' in   /mnt/gs02/herd03/29224/domains/blues.nicktoye.co.uk/html/symphony/index.php on line 25

Line 25 is

print '<!-- ' . Administration::CRLF;

So, the only reason I can see this causing problems is if you are not using PHP5. Can you please verify you are using PHP5.1.3 or greater.

Right, for some reason MT was reverting it back to php4. So I have moved it back to php 5 and its now installed.

Ok, new errors.

Have checked the bug page and couldn't see it as a bug. So guessing it may be me, but I can't be sure.

http://blues.nicktoye.co.uk/

Thanks,

Ooh, nice design by the way.

Thank you kind sir.