Search

In order to get the beta out as fast as possible, we needed to cut some non-critical features. Just so you know, these are still planned for the final release:

• IE7 support (90% there already)
  • Code Editor for XML/XSLT editing
  • Calendar date-picker for date fields
  • Utility inspector
  • XML well-formedness sanity check before saving XSL files

How about the ability to upload images? It seems to be kept out of the admin interface...

On the default theme, head to your articles section. You'll see a list of articles. One of the column is called Images. Click on the link to take you to all the images for that article. You can manage and upload new images from there.

Thanks, for some reason it did not work yesterday.

Hi guys,

Any idea when IE7 support will be implemented?

Hi Jean-Luc. I probably shouldn't have listed this as the first item, because it should really be done last. Fixing compatibility now before making changes which potentially break compatibility would mean lost time for us. We have a feature/language-stable beta version planned for sometime within the next few months, so full IE7 support should come out immediately after that. Sometime in the month of May is my rough guess.

months?

ouch.

Good luck and godspeed, though.

why not just use firefox or safari in the mean time? although i have been coming to hate firefox as of late...FF3 cannot come soon enough.

There are many justified reasons using Internet Explorer with Symphony; most of them revolve around the fact that the user does not have a choice (i.e. business, Internet café, etc.).

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

Take FF with you were ever you go.

Cool.