Search

Since the release of 2.0.3 will mean big changes for extensions using jQuery, I recommend adding a new field to the Downloads/Extensions-section: Compatible Core Versions.

Additionally, is there a way to configure compatible core versions in extensions (and even make Symphony display a message if an extension is not compatible)?

I second that - the question whether or not a single extension is up to date for use in the symphony-version I’m currently working with already gave me a few headaches since I started to use symphony.

Decisions about updating would be way easier if one could simply check the compatibility of all involved extensions before performing the update.

I know this would require some rather prompt extension-maintenance/approving/tweaking after each core-update, but it would greatly improve the “felt stability” of symphony.

Additionally, as nearly every extension has its own forum-discussion which usually contains the most useful and up-to-date information, another additional field for adding a Discussion-Link would be quite useful.

Yes, I think something like this is needed too. When the core changes from time to time, it’s a simple fact that extensions will break. By assigning a required Symphony version to an extension the community, and the author, can see which need updating for compatibility.

With regards to an upcoming Symphony 2.1 or even v3, 4, 5 in the future, there needs to be some way of declaring what works with what.