Search

I thought I saw mention of this, but is there a showcase or a list of live sites using the Beta anywhere on this site? I tried to find such a list by browsing through the forums, but have been unable to do so.

I'm interested in seeing some sites that are using the Beta that are live. I am in the process of redesigning a clients website and I am contemplating using Symphony Beta.

I can't believe how far the whole Symphony CMS has come since the original beta I signed up for some years ago. I am really impressed with all the thought, time, and effort that has been put into such an amazing piece of work. You guys are simply incredible.

If you have a site thats using the beta that is live, post some links!

I found this website running symphony 2 in the symphony 1.7 showcase made by Alistair, check out http://kearneyluthier.com/.

heh. yeah. Nothing that special though. :)

My portfolio is running symphony 2. Pretty bare bones, though. http://jon-kyle.com

Barebones, but nice artwork...

I forgot. I do have one that is live. I was going to use it as a place for live logging of my application development process, but then I didn't want to let it slow down the process. I also wanted to first prove to myself that I could build an application.

You'll notice I haven't yet bothered to update it to beta revision 5 yet. It's still running on revision 4 (see footer).

However, if anyone wants an ensemble, I'll make it available (once I upgrade it to rev5).

imaginaxiom.com

A friend of mine has his site running on Symphony 2: http://colombiadisplaced.org/.

My involvement has just been helping him get it set up on the backend, teaching him Symphony, and trying to do some very basic fixes on the questionable XHTML/CSS in the design, which he purchased somewhere...

I believe Mark Lewis' weblog is also powered by Symphony 2 http://casadelewis.com/.

We know of some big websites that uses Symphony 2 that are in the middle of development. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to give out these information. Hopefully when they are done, the agencies who've developed these sites will promote them on Overture.

oooh pretty :)

http://patrickyan.net/blog

If I had (I mean: if I really had) a big live website running on beta software, I maybe would not like to talk too loud about this.

:-)

I decided to tell the community about my Symphony 2 beta live website. But please do not link to this website from here! (Do me a favour: do not even name it here.) I would not want people googling for my client to find this discussion thread.

You will find the site in question on the portfolio page of my personal website. It is close to the top, and it is red, blue, white and grey. It is a website of a political party here in Bavaria. You will see that there are tons of pages (and indeed many, many sections and datasources in Symphony), some discussions, some posting and emailing stuff etc. Of course I had to manually fix some bugs of the beta. The website is live since 2008-03-02, without any severe problems. Still I backup the database frequently...

For other projects I still use Symphony 1.7. But in this unique case, I will need the power of Symphony 2 because the website is supposed to be developed strongly in the coming months.

If you have any questions about this website, you may send me an E-Mail. You will find an E-Mail-Link on the contact page (called "Kontakt" in German) of my website.

Should I tell you something? I am very, very glad about the power of Symphony 2. It will be a swiss knife when it is finished.

[EDIT]: As of 2008-06-20, you will find two websites with similar design on my portfolio page. Both are running on Symphony 2 beta rev5. The newer one (on top) is smaller than the older one, being some sort of "satellite website". (While the older one is a political party's website, the new one is the website of their top candidate.) We thought of pushing content between those websites (and indeed I really had it up and running for several sections!), but in the end simplicity ruled – we decided to have two seperate websites, side by side.

Respect Michael. Reduced, clean design and really huge. (Edit: Wow!)

Ditto on the "wow" remark, great stuff!

Indeed, very cool. Wish I could read it :-)

Very nice.

Thank you all very much!!!

Thanks for the responses guys. I am amazed to see what has already been done with Beta 2.

@@ michael-e, that site contained within your portfolio is amazing. There is a whole lot of content on that site.

@ michael_halvorsen: Yes, as I mentioned above, it's website of a political party. They have decided to go "content-oriented", and I am very glad about that. We will probably have tons of users when elections come close here in Bavaria. (Elections will take place in September.)

@ Lewis: Do you remember that you advised me to go for Symphony 2? Thank you for that! I think this project helped me a lot to understand the concept behind Sympony 2. And it helped the community because I found some interesting bugs during development. :-)

@jon-kyle & michael-e

Gorgeous sites and wonderful work on both counts!

@@michael-e : I love Bavaria!! I was just in Munich in March for my spring break. I had an amazing time. Munich was way cleaner and nicer than Rome. I'm going to have to go back to Munich in the near future.