Search

So where I am working now has Network Solutions as their host. Apparently they don't have a XSLT Processor library installed to the server and I have to wait up to 3 days for them to research it to determine if it is something that they will install to the server. Does anyone have any experience with Network Solutions installing extra libraries to the server?

What should I tell them if they tell me they won't install a XSLT Processor?

Thanks in advance for your help. I really want to give Symphony 2 beta a try. I'm frustrated!!

The fact that they have to "research" the extension doesn't sound encouraging. I hope you have a positive experience.

hmm... "recompile using --with-xsl". Maybe you should point out that the XSL module of PHP5 comes built in, and that the said compilation flag is just to enable it. There you go, give them this link as a place to start their "research". ;)

Michael -

I have Symphony 1.7 running on a Network Solutions account, but it is still running PHP 4.4.7. If you haven't done so already, load a php file on your server called phpinfo.php and add the following code. <?php phpinfo(); ?>, to see what version of PHP you have running. If it's not PHP5, then you'll have to run Symphony 1.7 instead of Symphony 2. Ask them to enable PHP5 compiled using --with-xsl (like Alistair mentioned above). If they can't do that, I would encourage you to look to another host.

If they can't do that, I would encourage you to look to another host.

Any host that does not offer PHP5, or rather offers PHP4 but not 5, really isn't worth spending money on IMHO.