Search

I went to update to 2.0.3 and, as you might have guessed, I now get 404’s for anything on the admin side. I didn’t have a readme with my ZIP version of it so I didn’t think there was much extra that needed to be done. I was wrong.

Is there a way for me to recreate what would be in the .htaccess file or would it just be simpler to make a fresh installation of Symphony?

I’m not too worried about data loss as it was (mostly) dummy content.

Shouldn’t be a big deal. Here’s the standard content of the .htaccess file in the Symphony folder:

### Symphony 2.0 - Do not edit ###

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteBase /symphony/

### DO NOT APPLY RULES WHEN REQUESTING "favicon.ico"
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} favicon.ico [NC]
    RewriteRule .* - [S=14] 

### CHECK FOR TRAILING SLASH - Will ignore files
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/symphony$
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(.*)/$
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /symphony/$1/ [L,R=301]

### MAIN REWRITE - This will ignore directories
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ /symphony/index.php?page=$1&%{QUERY_STRING}    [L]

</IfModule>

######      

Ìf you are in the root of your webspace, you can simply copy and paste this. It your not in the root, you will have to change some rewrite rules.

You can simply check the rules by doing a dummy installation in a comparable place.

Wait, is the .htaccess in the root pretty much the same (minus a slight path change or two) as the .htaccess in the website’s root (next to the index.php file)?

[edit:] Nevermind, I checked that .htaccess and it seemed rather different. I’ll try a normal cut-and-paste with what you’ve written.

[edit 2:] Copy and paste worked. However, now I’m having the disappearing “Publish” menu item issue. I’m guessing this is because I haven’t updated the database/upload field. There’s a topic about that, if I can’t figure it out I’ll post in there. Thanks!

Simply read the README which is included in Symphony 2.0.3! Follow the steps there and you will be fine!

Adding Navigation Group to sections

Be sure to run the following MySQL commands to get the new section navigation group functionality. Change sym_ to match your table prefix value

I eventually got it to work but, for the record, the directions assume you know how to run MySQL commands, which I don’t. I quick run over to StackOverflow fixed that, however.