Search

Is inline css within the created html files the only way to have xml make changes to the css?

No. You can define a page in Symphony as a CSS page and create CSS code. The problem at the moment is: I think that this bug is still alive. So you will have to hack /symphony/lib/toolkit/class.frontendpage.php in order to have the right header returned.

You may add these lines in line 80 of the file:

elseif(@in_array('CSS', $this->_pageData['type']) || @in_array('css', $this->_pageData['type'])){
    $this->addHeaderToPage('Content-Type', 'text/css; charset=utf-8');
}

elseif(@in_array('JS', $this->_pageData['type']) || @in_array('js', $this->_pageData['type'])){
    $this->addHeaderToPage('Content-Type', 'application/x-javascript; charset=utf-8');
}

Then, in your page XSL, you may do s.th. like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

<xsl:output method="text"
  omit-xml-declaration="yes"
  encoding="utf-8"/>

<xsl:param name="blabla"/>
<xsl:variable name="blabla-2">
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:template match="data">
<![CDATA[
#container {
  /* generated dynamically against url parameters */
]]>
<xsl:choose>
</xsl:choose>
<![CDATA[  /* end generated dynamically */
/* static part */
  margin-bottom: 18px;
  color: #000;
  text-align: left;
}
]]>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

As you see, it is of vital interest to deal with CDATA sections properly. But it works!

I forked this extension here and added setting content-disposition to ‘attachment’ if you add a ‘.’ to the Page type. In hindsight I think this usually isn’t needed if you have the right content-type (but I guess is useful for the filename, which is set to the page’s handle + the page type). Anyway, I just sent a pull request, so Alistair will probably clean up my fix and post a new version, if you want to wait for that. Otherwise the fork at the link above should work.

Than you, ashooner!

Thanks! i don’t know enough about github and forks yet, so I go with inline styles for now and look into this later.