Search

I just created an ensemble on one server, with intention to move it to another. On the destination server, I have several instances of Symphony running. If I go to index.php, I’m forwarded to install.php just as expected. But then nothing happens, the request times out and that’s it.

What can be wrong?

I know ensembles can be buggy sometimes; do you happen to have access to the PHP logs?

To be honest, I don’t know. I’m using MAMP. Does that mean that the logs are somewhere to be found?

Yes, it should be /Applications/MAMP/logs/php_error.log. If you double-click it, it should open in Console. You can even clear the log, then try to install again, and you’ll see the errors pop up in the Console window.

Thanks. This is the error I get:

[27-Jul-2009 22:13:04] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function __() in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/importEnsemble/symphony/lib/toolkit/include.install.php on line 1359

Anyone?

Sorry for not following up. I tried to track down that function, but I couldn’t find it. Whatever it is, it appears to be unavailable to your install.php. Maybe a symphony system file is missing or truncated?

At the top of your install.php file, try putting the following line:

require_once('symphony/lib/toolkit/class.lang.php');

That will give me more to work with should it succeed.

If possible, can you send me a copy of the ensemble in question? alistair[at]symphony-cms[dot]com

Adding that line instead caused the error

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function translate() on a non-object in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/Frilansjournalist/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.lang.php on line 5