Search

Nobody who knows why I see a error in my xml ?

So, is it working now?

Nope. It is not working. See this site As you can see no links to see.

Ok, let's do something else. On main page (index) you will display a list of all articles and on another page you will display details about an arbitrary article.

For index page: remove the filter for titel from display articles datasource, uncheck the Redirect to 404 checkbox, save it and attach it to index page. This way you will get a list of articles on main page (up to you to display them).

Next, you will want to display details of an article and the Prev / Next stuff. Create another page called Article details and for URL Parameters fill with titel. Reading about pages and URL parameters is a must. To this page add the other 3 datasources : Article details, Prev and Next. Note that on Article details you have a filter for Titel with value {$titel}. This says: "Give me all entries that have Titel field equal to $titel". If $titelis set, you will get something, else nothing (you case at this moment).

If you have a Blog entry called Tamara at three years, when navigating to http://test.tamarawobben.nl/article-details/tamara-at-three-years will give you precisely that article.

@vladG : I did what you said bt when I go to a page with test.tamarawobben/artikel-details/appelgebak I only see a page with Artikel-details on it. When I look at the xml I see on artikel-details, previous and next all no records found.

Nobody who knows why im getting the records not found error message?

Oke, I have the current page working but I don't see why the previous and next datasources have still no records found error message. As far as I can see everything is according to what vladG has said I have to do

What is the URL for an article details? And the corresponding XML please. And the XSLT and pictures of Datasources :) This would be easier if I had access to backend ...

I can you give access to the backend but then I have to know where I can send the login details.

You can see it in this extension driver at email.

VladG if it's good you have a mail that you can access the backend. You are a developer at my site now.

Well, I can't really figure out what are the user and password. Nothing came to my inbox at vlad <underscore> micutul <at> yahoo <dot> com.

Oke, I send a mail by my normal email account. I hope you recieved is now. I thought Symphony would send you that mail but apperently it don't do that.

Ok, I looked into it. I set up the datasources as they should be. There is one more issue with Order entries extension, you have to add this code:

public function getParameterPoolValue($data){
    return $data['value'];
}

in file /extensions/order_entries/fields/fields.order_entries.php or replace that file with the one from attachment.

After this, it should work :)

Attachments:
field.order_entries.php

Sorry but I did not work. In the xml I still see no records found at the prevoius and next artikel when I look at http://test.tamarawobben.nl/artikel-details/appelgebak?debug

Ok, it seems there's a bug somewhere. Symphony 2.2.3 and Order Entries 1.9.6 work perfect. You have Symphony 2.2.4 and Order Entries 1.9.7. Hope it's not a bug introduced in Symphony 2.2.4. I noticed nickdunn about this.

For the moment that's all I can do.

@vladG : it's allright. I would thank you for all the help and patience with me

Hi,

please one question: if I want to do this prev/next feature with entries sorted by "title" (or a string in general, so they have arbitrary id's and creation dates or any numbering whatsoever), can it be done with regular datasource chainning and how? Or do I have to create a custom DS e.g. like wisolman mentioned it in his comment #50 .

I tried it with regular DS chainning, but no luck. Its a longer time now, I am lost in it completely :D

Many thanks for your advice.

EDIT: I am using the latest SCMS 2.3.1

EDIT2: I am also aware of this newer post by animaux but I don't think its the thing for me, as - if I understand it right - they can use numbers.

First of all, how are your Entries displayed in frontend on the main index page? Alphabetically ascending by Title? By publish date descending? By Entry Order field?

Yes, that is Alphabetically ascending by Title

EDIT: I can give a link to that site to see if it would be appropriate and helpful. But I didn't wanted to misuse this forum for backlinks in first place.