Search

I am not sure what i did but ?debug no longer works. Always worked before so i figured maybe I changed something. How does debug work? Could it be an .htaccess problem?

Did you activate the DevKit extension? (System > Extensions)

No that extension isn’t listed

Hmm no luck

You can get it from a Symphony installation.

yea i got them, and uploaded them. Still no luck. i recently upgraded from 2.0.2 to 2.0.5 not sure if iam missing anything else.

I lost the debug page when making the same update. Turned out that the debug extension had been updated inbetween. Get the latest of Github.

firefox 3, domain.com/?debug has no effect, safari does work.
Anyone else has this with a 2.0 install?

Still having problems after installing the new debug extensions. Is this an htaccess issues?

You will need the debug devkit extension and the profile devkit extension in order to have the known functionality.

I just upgraded a website from 2.0.3 to 2.0.5 and the extensions work like a charm - in Safari, Firefox 3.0 (Mac) and Firefox 3.5 (Mac) alike.

yea i know, i installed those extensions. alt text

yea i know, i installed those extensions.

It would be interesting to see your version numbers too.

Fixed it. I uploaded the Profile DevKit and that fixed it. Their must of been something missing in their.

Yup, always update the default-extensions too when there is a new version of Symphony. :-)

and of course be logged in ;-)

Are you definitely logged-in to Symphony with Firefox too?

I seem to remember during a round of updating for some of our symphony sites, that we not only had to update the DevKit but also uninstall and then enable it again.

The improvements to the DevKit are well worth the upgrade.

weird, had an issue with ?debug and it turned out to be that www doesn’t recognize this on the server i’m working on (mediatemple dv). removing www made the debug page show.

This would probably be because your Symphony cookie is limited to a subdomain. So if you were to log in on www.mydomain.com/symphony then your cookie would be valid for that subdomain only, therefore mydomain.com/symphony would not see you as being logged in. Maybe.

just got this issue when i ?debuged the page:

2010/04/06 01:23:39 > WARNING: 2 - fileputcontents(/httpdocs/v1/extensions/debugdevkit/lib/bitter/caches/0f635d0e0f3874fff8b581c132e6c7a7-c57dbeac51de2b31f323f5b4c69e03b5-7442f515caa58857f09e1110c9c6b938): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file /httpdocs/v1/extensions/debugdevkit/lib/bitter/bitter.php on line 165

not sure how i got to this point though. any clues? using 2.0.8rc1 and used the extension provided by that version.

edit: saw this error in the logs as well:

mkdir(): Permission denied in file /httpdocs/v1/symphony/lib/toolkit/class.general.php on line 407

some permission issues for creating folders.