Search

Hi all, just having a little frustration here. I had Symphony up and installed perfectly. Until I upgraded my Apache version to 2. Whenever I try to go to the Symphony folder, I get a 500.html page. I'm thinking it has to do something with my mod_rewrite installation or problems with the .htaccess file. The main directory of the Symphony installation is fine though, everything works as it should. It's just the administration that is causing problems.

Does anyone here know why?

Check the ownership/permissions on /symphony/index.php and the /symphony folder. Is there a difference between that and the root index.php file and parent folder?

The file permissions are the same. Weird. I can't access any files under that directory. I have the default .htaccess files from the symphony install.

chances are that there is something in that .htaccess upsetting Apache. Anything in the apache error log? Try going to /symphony/index.php in the browser. Can you get to it? If not, try renaming .htaccess and give it another go. If you can get to it the second time, it's definitely the .htaccess causing problems. Post the contents of the .htaccess here and I'll take a look.

I got it to work by changing Symphony's permissions to 755. I forgot to mention that I did enable suexec. I took it off after I noticed the error to my site but it still had that error.