Search

I’ve gone through most of the install successfully (most database tables created, I get redirected to the admin login page), but I’m unable to login.

Looks like the authors table couldn’t be created, even though the other tables have all been created.

Here’s the log from install-log.txt:

2009/08/18 14:44:12 > NOTICE: MYSQL: Establishing Connection...Done
2009/08/18 14:44:12 > NOTICE: MYSQL: Selecting Database 'symphony'...Done
2009/08/18 14:44:12 > NOTICE: MYSQL: Importing Table Schema...Done
2009/08/18 14:44:12 > NOTICE: MYSQL: Creating Default Author...Failed
2009/08/18 14:44:12 > ERROR: There was an error while trying create the default author. 
MySQL returned: 1146: Table 'symphony.sym_authors' doesn't exist

Any ideas? I’m on OS X 10.5, running PHP 5.2.6 with libxml and XSL compiled, MySQL 5.0.41

The author table is the first one created via install.sql so it would be very strange if it was not created, but the others were. Can you check the partially created database and see which tables the installer managed to create.

Also, try setting database compatibility to high, that may help.

I had this happen once, reported it on the old bug tracker, I think. Every table but the author was created.

If I remember right, I just dropped the rest and started over, and it all worked the second time.

Sorted - I hadn’t copied the install.sql file into the main directory before running install.

It might be worth updating the install instructions as they don’t specify to include that file.