Search

I get this error:

Symphony was unable to connect to the specified database. You may need to modify host or port settings.

I have double checked all the information and it’s all spot on. I’m on MT if that helps.

I’ll try again in the morning, but if anyone has any clues or experience with this I would love to hear it.

Thanks

Have you tried connecting to the DB otherwise (through a remote install of phpmyadmin for instance)? That would eliminate MySQL server availability as the culprit.

Are you sure that everything is ok in config.php? Also let me see your log file.

Sorry, I should say this is during Installation.

Will I have a config.php if I haven’t even installed Symphony yet.

@Ashooner, I have more than one site on this MT server and they are all working fine.

The only thing that is different is the name of the Database, host, username and password is all the same.

A restart of the iMac and were ok. I’ll file this under W for WTF?

I would guess it was just time that fixed it; I hope it wasn’t a client system restart. Maybe a hiccup in MT’s fancy ‘SmartPool’ ?

Ahem… It couldn’t be the Mac, of course not… ;-)

NO, NOT THE MAC! (It was probably some Windose clients hitting the server.)

Hey, all my standard-issue Apple mock turtle necks are long packed away (and yes I do have some).

I am having a similar issue on MT, on their grid server. I also figured it might work if I gave it a day rest :); but it is still throwing an error. Very strange. Using the same credentials I can install other software, but Symphony does not find the database. I commented out the check, and I get this error message:

Unknown MySQL server host 'internal-db.s62590.gridserver.com ' 

I have no clue what could be wrong, especially since other software does find the host…

thanks,

Unknown MySQL server host 'internal-db.s62590.gridserver.com '

Looks like an unnecessary blank slipped in there somewhere.

Arg! Stupidity :)

Yes it works now. Looking forward to giving it a spin!

Thanks a lot