Search

As reported in this thread, I ran into a problem when trying to att czheng’s Enhanced Tag List extension. With it enabled, one of my sections was suddenly impossible to edit. Trying to, just returned a blank screen. All the other was still possible to edit, though.

The section I had problems with is the one with the most fields in it, and after michael-e’s suggestion, I increased the memory available to PHP. And things work again.

Since I ran into the problem on my local dev server, there were no problem increasing the memory limit. But my live server is a shared one. And I don’t know about the possibilities to increase the memory limit there.

Is this something that’s know to the dev team, and being looked into?

I’ve had this before, both when editing a section but also when editing a Data Source (or creating a new DS). I presume this is because the DS editor needs to load all field types into the HTML of the page so that they are ready for use. Looking through the code of both pages I can’t see anything that would hog memory. The thing that links both pages however are the SectionManager and FieldManager classes, so this where I’d look first.

But if it was that the DS and section editor had to load all field types, then it shouldn’t matter how many fields the section contains, should it?

@thoresson: On shared hosting you may try to increase the local memory size in the .htaccess file like I proposed in the other thread. This worked for me.