Search

Hey everyone,

I’ve searched both the Symphony docs and Google for an answer to my problem, but can’t find one. My problem: Symphony rejects the username and password that I supplied when installing it, so I can’t login.

I have downloaded Symphony 2.0.6, installed it in a subfolder of my Wamp server’s www folder (e.g. “C:\wamp\www\symphony\install.php”). I have enabled the XSL-module in PHP and the mod_rewrite module in Apache. I have created an empty MySQL database for symphony. Then I ran “install.php” and supplied the correct settings, including a username and password.

After pressing the Install button at the bottom of “install.php”, I am presented with the login screen. In the server folder, 2 new files (.htaccess and install-log.txt) have appeared. There is also a new folder named “manifest”.

However, using the correct username and password I can’t login to Symphony. It replies with “The supplied password was rejected.” If I try to retrieve the password, it says “There was a problem locating your account. Please check that you are using the correct email address.”

Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong here?

Paul

PS: I am using Apache version 2.2.6, PHP 5.2.5 and MySQL 5.0.45

Hmmm,

I did not open the install-log.txt file before I posted my question, but I just did and this is what it says:

============================================
INSTALLATION PROCESS STARTED (2009-09-01T12:52:19+02:00)
2009/09/01 12:52:19 > NOTICE: MYSQL: Establishing Connection...Done
2009/09/01 12:52:19 > NOTICE: MYSQL: Selecting Database 'symphony'...Done
2009/09/01 12:52:19 > NOTICE: MYSQL: Importing Table Schema...Done
2009/09/01 12:52:19 > NOTICE: MYSQL: Creating Default Author...Failed
2009/09/01 12:52:19 > ERROR: There was an error while trying create the default author. MySQL returned: 1146: Table 'symphony.sym_authors' doesn't exist
INSTALLATION ABORTED: Execution Time - 1 sec (01.09.09 12:52:19)

Take a look at this thread. Maybe you forgot to include the install.sql file for installation?

Thank you for your reply, Michael.

I dropped my database, created a new empty one and removed the ‘.htaccess’, ‘install-log.txt’ files + ‘manifest’ directory. Then I copied ‘install.sql’ from the ‘workspace’ directory to the root directory (next to ‘install.php’).

Then I ran install.php again, but this time the following error occured:

INSTALLATION PROCESS STARTED (2009-09-01T15:07:58+02:00)
2009/09/01 15:07:58 > NOTICE: MYSQL: Establishing Connection...Done
2009/09/01 15:07:58 > NOTICE: MYSQL: Selecting Database 'symphony'...Done
2009/09/01 15:07:58 > NOTICE: MYSQL: Importing Table Schema...Failed
2009/09/01 15:07:59 > ERROR: There was an error while trying to import data to the database. MySQL returned: 1146: Table 'symphony.sym_entries' doesn't exist
INSTALLATION ABORTED: Execution Time - 1 sec (01.09.09 15:07:59)

Maybe I should start over completely. I will also try to enable increased database compatibility. But I am starting to get a bit annoyed with Symphony. Quite a hassle to get it up and running.

Ok, I got it :)

As was said in the other post (but I misunderstood), I had to copy the ‘install.sql’ file from the root of the ZIP, not from the ‘workspace’ directory. It would indeed be nice if the readme in the ZIP was updated, because if I follow the directions to the letter, the above problems show up.

Oh, and sorry for creating another thread about this problem.

OK, fine!