Search

Out of this recent thread and nils’ comment, i was wondering if there would be any possibility to either get a sticky thread started or have an aggregate of any symphony tutorial someone has written somewhere else on the site. From recent posts, it seems like something like this would help a lot of people new to symphony, and possibly even seasoned veterans (myself included =))

Feel free to make this post sticky until we have a dedicated home for tutorials in the Documentation: Symphony Tutorials

Heh. I was just talking to Allen a little while ago about doing just that. I will have something posted soon…

ah, nice bauhouse. i remember seeing that thread a while back.

Perfect timing as I have spent the last week taking the plunge and learning the system.

Symphony appears a lot harder than need be. A suite of tutorials, especially for beginners would make an immediate difference to the required learning curve. A simple overview on how it all fits together - and examples on common start up procedures would be invaluable.

At the moment, getting ready for my first trial site - I have read through many documents, posts and other tidbits to get a handle on how it all works.

The other issue that really stood out is when searching extensions there is very little documentation on how to install them, what they actually achieve, and shots of them in action.

This can be solved by having a dedicated page to the extension ideally with the following information as a minimum:

• Screenshot
  • Description
  • Requirements
  • Install and Use documentation
  • CMS version supported
  • Comments from the mobs

Of course, all of this needs time! A rare commodity indeed.

I am happy to make up some tutorials/documents on my learnings, as long as I have enough ‘time’ at the end of the day.

A suite of changes is coming down the pipeline – it’s taken us a while but it’s coming!

As a relative new-comer, I’ve found Stephen’s Design Project X tutorial links (mentioned above) to be most helpful.