Search

Preface

This is an application question regarding @bauhouse’s (et al) Members extension. bzerangue and I have started a year long initiative to consolidate the workflow from admin assistants to the communication department at our organization. We have a very 20th century database system that forbids direct write access to the MSSQL DB per the license agreement. We’ve created a read only xml feed that we’ve had much success running into our central symphony install.

Current Member Record Form

Member Record Form

Right now the Email Address field is a Reference Link Field that we’ve got populating as a user types the email addresses of our staff. The user has already at this point selected the staff person and now has to enter their email address. Is there an extension or built in capability to have, for example, a hidden field populated with the email address that is associated with the Staff Person Menu selection?

Objective for Success

What I’d love is if when I’m going in to set up the Member Extension preferences, I could select that hidden field from the Member Extension > Preferences Email Address select menu (see below): Member Extension Email Address Field

Thanks in advance for any help or hints.

@wjnielsen - no images are showing up…

@wtdtan - here ya go. sorry about that.

not sure what’s happening with the images. They’re supposed to be feeding from picasa. I’ll try flickr. One moment…

@self - don’t use picasa to store images displayed on the symphony forum.

Not sure about the email field, but isn’t the Member Link field what you’re after? It renders the username in the backend, but when included in Data Source XML I think it pulls in more information about the user account.

thanks @wjnielsen. image storage noted as well =)

@Nick Will try Nick! Thanks. Wasn’t sure about the member-link field.