Search

This seems to be a dumb question, but is it true that the core checkbox field cannot be set as required?

Well, it can only have two values: yes and no. If it’s required, then you can just assume the value is ‘yes’ and dispense with the field, can’t you? Or do you want to use it almost like a terms of use acceptance? Something like: “check here to indicate you agree with the terms” and then submission will fail if not checked?

Or do you want to use it almost like a terms of use acceptance? Something like: “check here to indicate you agree with the terms” and then submission will fail if not checked?

Yes, that is what I’m after. It’s for a shop I’m building which should not save orders if the terms and conditions have not been accepted.

This should get you started: Required Checkbox

Didn’t have time to test frontend submission, but seems to work on the backend just fine.

This is just great – I’ll test it and report back. Thank you so much, Craig!

No worries. It was a much-needed diversion from writing documentation on a rainy Saturday ;) But I’d better get back to it…

It was a much-needed diversion from writing documentation on a rainy Saturday ;)

What?! Will you get back to it then!

Please :)

Here’s the one I’ve been using at work: http://pastie.org/640865

Who wants to test/release this as an extension? Craig?