Search

I am currently working on integrating XSLTproc (the command-line processor that comes with libXSLT) into TextMate and e Texteditor (the Windows Textmate clone).

Screenshot

So far it supports:

• Processing XSLT stylesheets
  • Processing stylesheets included in XML documents
  • Evaluating basic Xpath expressions
  • Profiler
  • Custom XML for each stylesheet
  • Custom optional parameters for each stylesheet

Known issue:

• < and > have to be entered as &lt; and &gt;
  • Sometimes the popup won’t show anything besides headlines

You can find this bundle on Github.

On Mac you don’t need to install anything else besides TextMate. On Windows you need e Texteditor and cygwin (with the package LibXSLT selected).

So please everyone: install it and try it out! :-)

I am currently working on XPath Expression Evaluation for my Bundle. Now a question to the experts: What do you want to see if you evaluate “navigation” (and not “/data/navigation”)?

1. Nothing, because its not an absolute expression
  2. Anything that matches (maybe with a note displaying the context node)
  3. Any other possiblities?

Anything other than #1 might teach bad practice: “using ‘navigation’ works when I use it in TextMate but why doesn’t it work in Symphony?”

FWIW, I know Ditchendorf’s Aquapath lets you specify the context node, which gives you more flexibility in testing your XPath. I know that little app was very useful when I was learning it.

Great work. I’m lucky that I’m using e at my job.

FWIW, I know Ditchendorf’s Aquapath lets you specify the context node

I was thinking about that too… Unfortunately my UI isn’t very polished but I’ll look into it.

ZIP updated: It now supplies basic XPath evaluation.

You can either select an expression from your sourcecode or, if you didn’t, type one in the dialog box.

On windows, the shortcuts are Ctrl+Alt+Q for XSLT Processing and Shift+Alt+Q for Xpath evaluation.

Edit: Updated CSS and made paths work in Mac OSX.

arood just confirmed that its working on Mac OSX:

XSLTproc Bundle Screenshot on Mac OS X

arood just confirmed that its working on Mac OSX:

Oh yes. Just a little hotkey-conflict with SQL, but it’s nothing that can’t be changed with the bundle editor. Could also be because I have a slightly outdated version of TextMate.

I got it working on the Mac too. This rocks! Much cheaper than buying Oxygen XML. :-)

In regards to Symphony workflow, do you manually create the params.txt and data.xml or is there an automated way to have that data output for testing?

Thanks a bundle, heh …

In regards to Symphony workflow, do you manually create the params.txt and data.xml or is there an automated way to have that data output for testing?

We were just talking about that… Maybe the Debug extension can be extended so that it is possible to save XML and Params more easily.

Remember you can have as many XML-files as you like. The bundle will always try to pick the one having the same name as your stylesheet (blog.xsl uses blog.xml and blog.txt). If it can’t find it it will look for data.xml and/or params.txt. If it can’t find that one either it will ask for another file in a popup.

If you have another idea on how to solve this… I’m open to suggestions :-)

Also I am not quite sure about putting params in params.txt (or anything.txt for that matter). :-)

@phogue: I tried it with TextMate. This is really cool stuff!

@any XSLT beginners: Try this tool if you want to learn XSLT!!!

Besides the XSLT bundle there is also the TeXSLMate PlugIn at http://ditchnet.org/

Don’t forget the XSLT bundle too: http://www.ditchnet.org/wp/2006/12/19/textmate-changed-my-life/

I’ve been looking for a bundle like that! Thanks!

I’ve been using this bundle for years and never promoted it, because it was so self-evident for me. Boy, we should really have a tools section here for the community…

I am having problems with absolute paths in document().

/login/test.xml will work on any server because its relative to DOCUMENT_ROOT. On a regular environment it wouldn’t have anything to be relative to.

I’ve tried xsltproc --path "/path/to/project ." login.xml but it doesn’t seem to work.

It’ll only work if I prefix the absolute path in the XSL with the current working directory.

Does anybody have experience with those problems?

Update: It now supports processing XML-files with the <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="stylesheet.xsl"?> element and evaluation of Xpath expressions from XML files.

Xpath evaluation of attributes now works as expected.

Update: I have uploadet this util to Github. Get the source or post bugreports from/to there.