Search

I'm playing with custom data sources and try to get the page types of the current page. How do I get this data in a data source? There should be a variable available with at least the $current-page, shouldn't it?

Thanks for help, Nils

in your DS try this:

print_r($this->_env);
die();

That should give you a look at the class environment variables. Something like $this->_env['params']['current-page'] would do it I think.

Thanks, Alistair!

This is kind of crazy: That was the first thing I did yesterday and I got an empty array as result. I tried again this morning and now it's working. I'm not sure what I did wrong, maybe the server took a break due to the warm weather here ;o)

Question:
Do I have to reassociate data sources with pages when changing the code of a data source?

Nils

I'm not sure what I did wrong, maybe the server took a break due to the warm weather here ;o)

haha. Quite possible. Likely just a misspelt index though. The API has been cleaned up considerably for RC1. E.G. instead of $this->_env['params']['current-page'] you will be able to do self::environmentLookup('current-page') or self::$Environment->{"current-page"} from within a DS, or Frontend::instance()->$Register->{"current-page"} from anywhere! (provided you are in the scope of the frontend.

Do I have to reassociate data sources with pages when changing the code of a data source?

So long as you didn't change the classname/filename you shouldn't need to.

Thanks Alistair! I'm looking forward to RC1 ...