Search

I have portfolio items that I want to create for my site, and I wanted to create per entry a series of thumbnails. I have noticed though that this isn't the case in S2 and that we are required to create an image section and link to these images, is this the case?

You could add by a predetermined number of upload fields or, yes, create an image section which gives you the flexibility to include metadata and however many images a particular entry needs.

Lewis, going to go with the second option. Just seems to be more of an effort to create an extra section just for metadata. Surely that could have been included in the original image upload format from S1.

Lewis, going to go with the second option. Just seems to be more of an effort to create an extra section just for metadata.

That's fine if you can live with the limitations of the method.

what limitations are there with that method? It seems the more flexible option.

I think Lewis means there are limitations for adding a fixed number of upload fields.

Surely that could have been included in the original image upload format from S1.

No built-in list of metadata attributes will satisfy everyone's needs, and requiring section links be used for multiple uploads was the only extendable, "best practice" alternative. Our goal is to make this field useful for any type of file, not just images. Once the extension API for S2 is complete and documented, we might see some dedicated image-fields help to improve the workflow of simple image attachment.