Search

I just set up a new server (Apache 2, PHP 5.3) on Archlinux/Slicehost. I installed libxslt.

However, Symphony (actually, the new Piano-Sonata ensemble) isn’t installing because of a ‘missing xslt processor’.

Any ideas about how to fix this? The web seems infuriatingly silent on the topic of troubleshooting a libxslt/php install.

From memory I think you can pull up a phpinfo() page quite easily:

/install.php?info

Do you see libxslt as enabled? This is what my MAMP install shows:

phpinfo

No, it’s not enabled. Libxml, xml, xmlreader, et al are, but not xsl.

In some cases I think you actually have to compile PHP with the added extensions. Is this the way you installed libXSLT? Here’s what I could find (scroll down to the linux section).

I know I set up my server with ubuntu, and after literally a day of screwing around with getting AMP installed, I discovered I could do it all with a single command. I think adding libxslt was equally trivial. I could dig up those resources, but I think they were Ubuntu specific.

Well, with Arch you don’t need to download and compile, you use the package manager ‘pacman’ (which means I went ‘pacman -S apache php mysql libxslt’ and it downloaded and installed them all in one go.) I did minor tweaking of httpd.conf and php.ini, but that’s all. It’s been awhile since I last set up a server and Symphony, but I don’t recall having this issue before.

I don’t know how Pacman works, but I think there’s a difference between just installing the libxslt package and installing/enabling that module in PHP. Maybe try:

pacman -S php5-xsl

or something like that?

Craig, it did take installing the php-xsl package and recompiling php, but now it’s working. Thanks to you and aschooner for pointing me in the right direction!

Stumbled into this exact issues just now as I am installing Symphony on my Ubuntu server. Googling didn't help, so I did a search instead by typing:

aptitude search xsl

I have thus decided to install both libxslt-dev and php5-xsl, though the first one might now be required. After your server is updated, just restart apache and it runs now:

sudo apt-get install libxslt-dev php5-xsl
sudo apache2ctl restart

Just thought I'd mention I just had exact same problem - thing is I run WAMP/MAMP...

I enabled php_xsl in the PHP extensions menu and everything is now fine.