Search

A new Extension, “Sitemap Generator” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

We already have ways to create XML sitemaps for search engines, but Sitemap provides allows you to visualise your Symphony pages in a printable tree hierarchy. Made possible by Matt Everson’s awesome Slickmap CSS stylesheet.

Sitemap on Github

Be sure to read the documentation to configure your Page Types correctly. You’ll need to modify the Type of each page you want to appear in your sitemap.

Example:

Site map for Bekonscot Model Village

Too bad his website is EE.

Cool extension though!

Nick, this is rather cool.

Interesting. Cool extension!

Thanks, Nick. I was hoping to build something like this if I couldn’t find something similar. This looks great!

Look forward to trying this out. Thanks for making it available Nick!

Not trying to sound stupid, but what methods do we have to generate front end xml sitemaps? Would they be static or dynamic?

A front end XML sitemap would be just a normal page, with XML as the output format. The page should have at least a navigation datasource and datasources for sections that output entries with a unique URL, like /parent-page/page/entry-handle/. You can use this XSL as a starting point for your sitemap page template.

I did sound stupid.

Thanks for the xsl!

i’m getting this error after enabling the sitemap extension on 2.0.8RC3:

array_intersect() [function.array-intersect]: Argument #2 is not an array
An error occurred in /site.com/httpdocs/extensions/sitemap/content/content.map.php around line 45

php code:

if (count(array_intersect($page['types'], $type_exclude)) > 0) continue;

any clues?

I just installed this and got the same error as @wtdtan

If you’re around Nick, any idea why this might be happening? I’m using Symphony 2.1

Cheers Neil

FYI. I have the same error here on 2.1.1

Sitemap Generator updated to version 1.0.1 on 30th of August 2010.

This was a stupidly simple fix (I think!) so sorry it took so long to get around to.

Thanks Nick,

One (awkward) question. I have added your extension with a git submodule add.

A git submodule update command (from root) does not seem to update it. I get zero feedback (no errors, no nothing) and the sitemap extension is still on vs. 1

I think I’m overlooking something regarding the updating of git submodules :-/

Not sure to be honest, I’m still getting my head around git. I think perhaps the git submodule update just does the initial updating. To get the latest you may need to cd into the extension directory and do a git pull.

A git pull was exactly it Nick. Moah Karma to you! ;-)

(And yes, the Sitemap extension is working beautifully, now I just need to create some crazy deep IA)

Godspeed, sir.

When I pulled the Sitemap extension I did the following

git submodule add git://github.com/nickdunn/sitemap.git extensions/sitemap
git submodule update --init

That did it for me, although you probably did this already… ;)

Sitemap Generator updated to version 1.0.2 on 7th of February 2011

reinvented the weel and made my own sitemap generator based on xslt.

Main difference of my version. The date of last modification is taken from created article date and you don’t need to have special field for this thing. If anybody interested i can upload it to XSLT utilities.

Also i have a question )) with my utility i can get only date and time of CREATING article. Is there any possibility to get MODIFICATION date?!