Search

I’m trying to use Nick Dunn’s pagination template and I’m having trouble with the url parameter.

The page is an archive page with a parameter to filter the articles with a certain category. So far, so typical. But I can’t figure out how to get parameters such as $root and $category (my parameter from the URL) into the template URL parameter.

For example, to show the archive page for articles categorised “php”, the URL would be “/archive/php”.

Therefore I am trying to construct the template URL parameter as follows: -

select=”{$root}/archive/{$category}/$”

This causes an error of failing to compile select expression. I have tried removing the curly brackets, wrapping the whole thing in single quotes and a host of other things, all to no avail.

This is no doubt highlighting a general lack of understanding of XSLT as I am very much a beginner, but any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Could you please post a little more on the xslt you are using? Does the select come from a <xsl:value-of> tag?

Sure.

<xsl:call-template name="pagination">
    <xsl:with-param name="pagination-element" select="archive/pagination" />
    <xsl:with-param name="url" select="{$root}/archive/{$category}/$" />
    <xsl:with-param name="display-number" select="'7'" />
</xsl:call-template>

Hmm, looks good for as far as I can see..

Did you set the url parameters in the page settings (blueprints->pages)?

maybe you could try this: <xsl:with-param name="url" select="concat({$root},'/archive/',{$category},'/$')" />

Thanks a lot creativedutchmen, your suggestion didn’t work exactly but this does appear to work: -

<xsl:with-param name="url" select="concat($root,'/archive/',$category,'/$')" />

Great forum here, so responsive!!

your suggestion didn’t work exactly but this does appear to work

Woops, you are right, my bad!

Great forum here, so responsive!!

I know, it’s what I love so much about symphony (apart from symphony itself, ofcourse!)