Search

JIt is based on GdLib, wich has isn't able to read animated Gifs. There should be a support for writing, I have never meet so far.

Thank you, moma, that's bad news for me but at least I know now that I need to find another way.

The question should be, does PHP support animated gifs?

The short answer is not without loads of processing work.

Over the years there's been requests to be able to extend JIT with your own filters. Should this be possible, what approach would you prefer?

• Automatically loading filters from a WORKSPACE . '/filters/ directory
  • Allowing Extensions to provide new filters through providers
  • Something else?

@brendo

Given that JIT already adds a jit-image-manipulation folder to the workspace, wouldn't a natural home for the filters folder be in there?

(I'm not sure what extending JIT would involve though, so don't know which approach would be best)

@nathan makes sense to me.

@brendo Having extensions for extra-filters seems a bit roundabout from my non-developer-perspective. Having a pulldown of installed filters for the recipes should be nice and fine. Is there already a standard of some kind for modular GD-filters/presets we could make use of?

i just noticed that the latest commits on this extensions master branch were not packed in a release on github. so the changes are not in the bundled symphony 2.5.2 package and also not in the release you get from symphonyextensions.com. i noticed because the extension shows up as not compatible in the extesnions page of a symphony 2.5.2 install (same with select box link field actually).

on a side note: where do you post stuff like that? here or on github? i wanted to post to github first, but since not creating a release is no actual bug i went for posting on the forum.

cheers
daniel

Hello everyone, help needed :)

I have upgraded to Symphony 2.5.2, and subsequently JIT 1.31, and JIT is no longer showing any image.

I have checked the file path is correct, and tried uninstalling/reinstalling but to no effect.

Accessing the URL through the browser shows a blank page, so JIT is being called but is failing somewhere. Not sure where... I have tried using a recipe path and a numeric URL path. I have checked the cache and tmp folders exist and are writable. So I'm at a loss. It was working pre upgrade.

Anyone come across this yet?

I have no idea what is going wrong in your case. But if you see blank page in the browser, the first thing to do is to add the following line to your .htaccess file:

php_value display_errors On

This will help to see PHP errors.

Thanks Michael-e, sorry I forgot to say I had tried that to no effect too.

I just noticed a display_errors function in the lib/image.php which is awesome! TUrned that on and it shows the message Call to undefined function imagecreatefrompng() in /extensions/jit_image_manipulation/lib/class.image.php on line 113. I ran a find all for that undefined function and sure enough it's not being defined anywhere. Weird.

I'll raise an issue on the github repo

My issue was related to my recent Yosemite upgrade. It removed PNG Support from GD, upgrading to php 5.6 has solved the issue for me. I would assume reinstalling php55 would do the trick too.

For anyone who comes across this in the future; I used homebrew to install the php56 module. Unlinked php55, linked php56 and updated the apache httpd.conf file to point php LoadModule to the new file path.

Great find, thanks!