Search

Hey @bauhouse,

Do you happen to recall how you worked around this issue? I'm trying to get the 2.0 alpha version of the forum extension tied into my discussion/comment sections. Mainly to keep track of unread/new comments, but I'm running in to that same error.

Perhaps this extension just won't work in my set up? Is the 2.0a version set up to use the official Members extension?

Hi. Is this ensemble outdated?

I'm noob and seeing long issues people are reporting in this thread, I guess won't be building my own forum ensemble anytime soon either. Some sort of working functionality would get me into Symphony instantly.

I love the way the forum on this site works and would really like to build community sites with this CMS.

Yes, this ensemble is outdated. It works, but it is using a fairly old version of Symphony. The work that we are currently doing to rebuild the Symphony community site is meant to address the functionality required to run a forum with the latest version of Symphony, among other things. If you are looking for a working example running a more recent version, try out my unreleased ensemble, builders collective. It is running on Symphony 2.2.5RC1.

I haven't released it for a number of reasons. Obviously, the core is out of date. To update it would require updating a number of extensions that the Forum ensemble depends on to be able to work with Symphony 2.3. Since we are hoping to take a different approach with the new Symphony forum, I haven't taken the time to update the extensions, as it seems it might be wasted time.

However, if there is a good reason to revive this approach, based on demand, I might be willing to revisit it.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I'll give Builders Collective a try.

I also tried out the old Forum ensemble, it had only single forum called "discussions", I had no idea how to extend it - did I miss something in the administration or it was indeed just a proof of concept of single forum implementation? By the structure of things it seemed like I would have had change many relations of things in order to make it a multi-forum/categorized forum. Is the Builders Collective build different?

I looked at Factory community and to be honest, I like the current look more (new looks more complicated), but I guess the changes are mostly needed for the site architecture rather than looks? It won't be released as an ensemble, am I right?

I'm currently on a open source CMS hunt, might get into Symphony and if I do I'd try to update the Forum ensemble and dependant extensions, maybe even create all-in-one "community" ensemble.