Search

@Wisolman: Maybe, but I also released the WMD Editor for Symphony since then and I’ve just been using that. When someone makes a WYSIWYG that solves the cut-and-paste issue I’ll likely move to that but until then Markdown is where it’s at.

Man this forum/site needs email notifications :(

@froded - No, I didn’t - it’s by a chap by the name of Frederico Knabben. You can find it at xmlentities/plugin.js

How do you include this so you can use it to edit content. I have the plugin enabled, but I do not know how to enable it for editing content.

In your section settings you add a textarea and add CKEditor as text formatter.

Have a look at the documentation: http://getsymphony.com/learn/concepts/view/text-formatters/

I made some drastic modifications to the CKEditor Extension, improving it for use within Symphony:

I updated it to the latest version of CKEditor (3.4.1), deleted all the source, example and other unused files, and also stripped it down to the bare essentials (going from 5.6 Mb in 100s of files to somewhere around the 600kb in 61 files).

This means:

• Text formatting is limited to the following functionality:
    • Paragraph Format
    • Bold
    • Italic
    • Strike-through
    • Subscript / Superscript
    • Ordered list / Unordered list
    • Indent / Outdent
    • Block quote
    • Hyperlinks
    • Horizontal rule
    • View source
    • Full screen
  • All other plugins are removed!; if you wish to make use of more functionality, download the original version of CKEditor and extract the plugins needed from their package.
  • All languages other then English are removed!; if you wish to have additional languages, download the original version of CKEditor and extract the languages needed from their package.

Built-in file browser

The editor comes with a built-in file browser which uses sections to get their files from. This works as follows:

• Make sure you have a section for your downloads, with at least one field of the type ‘File Upload’.
  • Select this section (and perhaps some more) in your preferences panel to be available for CKEditor.
  • Now if you use the ‘browse server’-button in CKEditor, you can select your section and the specific entry/file to insert in your text. You can also add new entries with the file manager on the fly!

I already sended a pull request to tonyarnold, but for those who are eager to check it out, you can download it at it’s repository: http://github.com/kanduvisla/symphony-ckeditor

I released it under v1.00 beta, but the beta is only because it hasn’t been tested by other people than me and my clients who are already using this slick richtext editor.

Please let me know what you think of it and if you encounter any bugs.

Looks great, any chance you can get a embed plugin in there ?

Inside the lib/ckeditor it’s just a ‘plain old’ installation of ckeditor. So if you want the embed plugin installed (or any other plugin), just download it and follow it’s installation instructions.

If you were refering to embedding content according to another Symphony section (like the current file browser does), then you should write some specific plugin on your own (or alter that embed plugin).

@kanduvisla: I like your extended vesion, but I don’t see ‘browse server’-button in CKEditor. I also think that you should use multiselect list instead of checkboxes in preferences. I’ve >50 sections and now preferences page is very very long…

Edit: I found this button in “edit link” dialog box, but this only links to a file/image, is this possible to insert image?

Yes, you just have to install the image-plugin for CKEditor. It comes standard with CKEditor when you download it from their site (it’s located in the plugins folder), but in this stripped down version of CKEditor I only left in the essential plugins.

The Multi select list is a good idea. I’ll look into that.

@kanduvisla: It’s working great now. My another sugestion is to use iframe instead of opening new window for section browsing, like other windows of CKEditor or like in Subsection Manager by Nils.

Hi guys, just an update - I’ve spoken to kanduvisla about taking over this extension, and he has graciously accepted.

I am not using CKEditor on any of my sites anymore, for many of the reasons stated earlier by others in this thread. My clients are quite happy to use Markdown, and I couldn’t honestly keep on top of how many times CKEditor’s XHTML output broke a page/entry - it was more support than it was worth for me.

kanduvisla has been making significant contributions and patches to the codebase for a while now, and I know he actively uses the extension, so you should see better support and more updates from here on out.

CKEditor Formatter updated to version 1.0 on 4th of November 2010

@kanduvisla: Does the latest version of your CKEditor Formatter support symphony 3?

Thanks a lot.

@xeoshow: I haven’t tested it yet in Symphony 3.

Extensions cannot yet support Symphony 3 because that codebase is still in flux.

CKEditor Formatter updated to version 1.1 on 15th of November 2010

• Updated CKEditor to 3.4.2
  • Implemented Symphony Pages in Link Dialog
  • Added Image browser

Link Dialog:

Link Dialogt

Attachments:
SS-2010-11-15_11.38.43.png

Woah, those are some funky colours ;-)

Yeah, that’s the downside of CKEditor; it’s default Kama-skin is butt ugly! Still on my todo-list if I have some spare time left…

Or is there already a nice CKEditor-skin out there which I aren’t aware of?

Or is there already a nice CKEditor-skin out there which I aren’t aware of?

It would be cool to have an official Symphony skin! ;)

hi

i can not install “CKEditor Formatter” in my symphony . how can i install it? pls give me the procedure