Search

@true

Confirmed :) Only looks a bit ugly, because of unskinned cancel button. +Sym shows old beta version number. But I know, that this is a quick-fix. Thanks.

@kanduvisla

Sorry, for "hijacking" your discussion. On the other hand - it is not totally offtopic, I think :)

hey a fast "Better forms" extension fix for popups patch

Thank you true, I'll apply your patch as soon as I can :)

Hi, thank you for CKEditor Formatter. Is this xmlentities plugin necessary? It converts all accented characters (áéíóú etc.) in HTML entities, which is unwanted for me. Is it ok to turn this plugin off?

I updated the CKEditor to the latest version (v3.5.3)

I also made some modifications such as the removal of the XML entities plugin, so if anyone runs into any problems, please let me know...

First of all, Id like to say good work on the editor. It works for me just fine and I like how you can remove tags if your formatting content for flash. One thing tho i'm trying to see if I can include the image button but it doesn't work. In the preferences, I chose the sections that i want to use editor. When i click the image button, it pops up the tabbed window and when i select browse server, it pops up another window which has the section names I chose in the preferences. Clicking on either of these sections just gives me a blank screen and does nothing. Is there a way to browse image files in the workspace without the clients trying to figure out the url path of the image... I cant even figure out the url path of the images i uploaded using Jit. Any solution there? BTW I'm new to symphony.

Im also using the latest version of symphony 2.2 and the latest build of the ckeditor

To use the imagebrowser / filebrowser, you need to create a section called 'downloads' for example with at least one field of type 'file upload'. That's the section you need to select in your preferences.

The filebrowser is different than what you might be used to from other file browser, since it uses sections and entries, instead of just listing a folder on your browser.

I just tried that and im still getting nothing I created a section called downloads with 2 file upload fields which upload to a folder also called download within the workspace.

I selected the download section in the settings for the editor

I uploaded a few images into this folder by creating some entries etc

When i open the file browser and click browse server, all i see is the downloads button on the left side and the rest is blank.. no images :(

@kanduvisla

I fooled around with this some more and noticed it worked on a different symphony install. Here's how it went down...

The library images, preview and embedded image were coming up as blank icons. In the source code i noticed that the images were using relative paths so i tried a hack in content.filebrowserajax.php changing line 73

to: $value = '';

this changed the file path to absolute and the images when selected would appear in the preview window, the editor window when inserted and on the front end. The downloads window i selected from still has blank image placeholders as that path is still relative.

Now i'm getting javascript errors when i click in the text editor in Firefox. IE is fine. I'm stuck! Help !!

@kanduvisla

$value = '<a href="/workspace'.$info['file'].'">';

to:
$value = '<a href="'.URL.'/workspace'.$info['file'].'">';

Is your site installed in a subfolder?

No it is not.: http://localhost/asymphony/

http://localhost/asymphony/

localhost -> root document

asymphony -> subfolder

just create a vhost that point to your subfolder

Gonna try that this eve on my home comp.... My wamp at work here is a little screwey. Thanks for your replies guys..I really appreciate it !!

Can someone please help me with plugins. I'm trying to add "Styles" plugin (styles list box) and to add css to content. It's pretty easy with TinyMCE, but I don't have experience with CKeditor.

I've get it...:)

I case that someone need it, edit symphony.ckeditor.js and in var configurationData = { under toolbox add [Styles] and also add the line stylesSet : 'my_styles' . my_styles are defined in CKEDITOR.stylesSet.add( 'my_styles'... in the same file.

Can't get it to work with the textbox field without also adding a textarea field to my section. I'm using Symphony 2.2.1.

my symphony results in a white-screen after installing this extension.

symphony version 2.2.1

any suggestions?

.. just installed the extension like all other. go to my extension dir and "git clone https://github.com/kanduvisla/symphony-ckeditor.git"

oh sry.. how stupid -.-

the extension creates a folder, different then the class name.. therefore that class couldnt be found.

thx 4 help