Search

I have been looking high and low for just the right tool to allow me to do some project management (small journal, with a couple colleagues). I could probably live with Project Pier but I’m tripping over its requirement for InnoDB support.

Then I set to thinking, “I bet a Symphony ensemble could deal with this!” :) I ran across Bauhouse’s project ensemble, but it appears to be in a state of suspended animation.

Probably an issue tracker (if it included tagging) would work for me, I reckon.

Any thoughts from the community on the viability of using Symphony for this? (It would need to use existing tools – I don’t have the competence to build this myself.) Or, failing that, other suggestions for alternatives to Project Pier?

Many thanks! David.

This is actually one of the first ensembles the team plans to build, but I don’t know when exactly we’ll get around to it. It’s certainly viable with Symphony, but would take a good amount of work.

@czheng It would nice. By the way, I’m working on a simple To-do app on Symphony.

@DjR I suggest you take a look at Project Bubble or Verb.

One of my first mini-projects trying to learn how to update Symphony from the front-end was an issue tracker. More-so for non-technical users than an actual bug tracker. It hasn’t been used by my company yet as it never really got finished. But maybe someday.

If you want a half-finished, crappily-coded ensemble, I could probably figure out how to share it.

Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2 Screenshot 3

@czheng - Interesting plans! Somehow reminds me of “Jikan Chrono Log” from days of yore. ;)

@rainerborene - excellent suggestions! Verb, in particular, looks like it might well work for me. Well worth a good look, anyway. (I think I would prefer something self-hosted, if possible. With a project like Verb, there is just that slightly anxious tug that it could disappear…)

@TheJester12 - looks like you got quite far with your “mini-project”. If others are interested in something like it, maybe it’s worth making it available and seeing if something synergistic happens?

@ DjR Using Things on the desktops and somehow syncing their xml datastructure to a symphony install as a dynamic datasource is no option?
Or do you need to create tasks on the web too?

@newnomad - thanks for the “Things”+ suggestion. Seeing sites like that make me wish I could afford a Mac! ;)

But I do need a web-based solution, since the project is collaborative. Verb (linked above) is very close for me, but I’m still looking, just in case the perfect app is out there! :)

@ DjR try phpcollab its an opensource hostable port from basecamp