Search

A new extension, “Shopping Cart” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Great! Any change to get this extension on GitHub?

yep

also https://github.com/andrrr/shopping_cart

Added the weight field in my repo.

Has anyone released any sites using this extension? I'm currently thinking about how to approach a project that needs basic ordering of products, but no online payments.

I have made two sites with this extension and working on third now. It's well suited for your task (add, drop, calculate items in basket) except the fact, that you will need some custom code to process an order. Can't promise but, I think, I could help you if it's not too urgent.

Hi all, I got an error with symentriesdata and SQL cache with this extension using 2.2.5 install on local machine, is there any reason why this extension may not work with 2.2.5? it says 2.1.1 and above in the repo?

Andrew, can you post the SQL error output?

Here's my output when I try add an item to the cart: http://pastie.org/3056740

I have one entry in my section with an ID of 1 and I'm adding that ID to the cart on the front end, but it throws a wobbly.

The event is using the old method of $this->Parent->Database() to call stuff. This was deprecated but not removed in previous versions. Now it has been fully removed and therefore is failing.

The extension definitely needs an update, if you can wait till tonight, I can do it and submit a pull request to @andrrr, it will need pulling in though...

That would be sweet if possible... would be able to grab a fork with your commits for testing at all?

hopefully...

Pull request sent from my fork.

Merged. Thanks, @designermonkey!

Ooh love you guys :) to the dev machine with me! thanks both.

Raised a tiny issue on github for the extension. () after Symphony::Database on line 174 of events missing.. (I think) please confirm.

I'm running the Shopping Cart extension on Symphony 2.2.5 but after I've set everything up I'm receiving this error when pressing the add to cart button.

Attached is a snapshot of the error page I'm getting. Could anyone please help me?

Thank you.

Attachments:
LittleSnapper.png

Ok, looking at this, are you definitely passing the ID of the section through to the event?

No, I don't think I am. How would I do that?

I thought it was the id of the product that I needed to pass. I've managed to pass the ID of the section but the shopping cart is still empty. Is there anything else that I could be doing wrong?